Is it a good time to relearn the Mirage 2000?

gavagai

I used to love this module and I was among the first to buy it way back in 2015.  For the past few years I have given up on it because the avionics and bindings would change every few months, which was frustrating.

Is this module finally in a stable state where it won't change so radically over the next year?  Would love to jump back in.  Thanks.

• Like 1

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

37 minutes ago, gavagai said:

Is this module finally in a stable state where it won't change so radically over the next year?

IMHO, yes.

IIRC Razbam plan to refine certain minor aspects of the FM and add/model additional system failures where they make sense in DCS i.e. hydraulic failure due to combat damage, etc. but AFAIK the core M-2000C updates/fixes are now complete.

Edited by Ramsay
  • Thanks 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Great news then!  It was always a good dogfighter, but it seems even better now.  Above 420 knots it just starts arcing with afterburner if you're in a clean configuration.  Wow. 👀

• Like 1

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

The state of the M2000C is up there with ED's highest fidelity modules, RAZBAM really nailed it with the big 2021 updates. And it keeps on giving with new sounds now... Underrated module IMO

• Like 5

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

• 1 month later...

It is a great module again.  Totally worth some time to refresh myself with it.

Only the gunsight is painful to use in a dogfight.  Strange that it is so jittery compared to other modules.  Not a big issue for flying against bots, but for pvp the gunsight is close to useless (I just aim like WW2).

Edited by gavagai
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, gavagai said:

Only the gunsight is painful to use in a dogfight.  Strange that it is so jittery compared to other modules.  Not a big issue for flying against bots, but for pvp the gunsight is close to useless (I just aim like WW2).

Don't forget the PRED switch on the VTH(HUD) control panel,if you turn it on,the FCR will double box the "target square" when it thinks u should fire,which will help a lot.😉

The gunsight on the Mirage is not that old like WW2 plane,it is similar to "SNAP sight" on the older F-16(what we have in our F16 is the latest "EEGS sight")

Edited by Akiazusa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Kyoto Animation forever!

Neat, thanks for the tip with the PRED switch.  I tested out against the AI and it works nicely.  When I can try it against other humans that will be another test of its usefulness.