New Mirage 2000 engine sound

PLUTON

The sounds were done with the help of pilots and ground crew. With feedback from them before releasing anything.

An example (in french to keep them original)

Me : "Petite question, on entend quoi du moteur en vol"?
M2000 active Pilot : "Pas grand chose en vrai. C'est la clim qui fait le plus de bruit et qui prend tout le son..."

It was still decided to make it more audible than in our reference recordings, are more feedback is welcome in DCS where we lack acceleration and haptic feedback.

Another feedback during the work on the sound update:

"J'ai écouté tes videos avec beaucoup de plaisir, j'adore le bruit des bougies qui claquent c'est génial, même si en fait tu ne l'entends que tant que le micro turbo est pas en marche parce que dès qu'il est en marche les bougies ne sont quasiment plus audibles"

(And we adjusted the spark sound according to his feedback)

So yes, we had a ton of feedback and audio recordings from people that work on the aircraft on a daily basis and feedback were positive.

• Like 2

Ok I believe you gentlemen but that means that when you watch a video on youtube of a mirage 2000 in the cockpit the sound is false.
In the meantime, the sound of the 2000 promises to be good for the next update and that's good
Thank you for taking the time to explain your work to me.
Best wishes to all🤗👍

Hi, there is a subtle nozzle or resonance like sound before switching too full throttle. Very audible on 2000's. (Pure passion).

Maybe you should ask the crew what it is, could be easily reproduced in game to be close to reality.

For example:

Stan

Edited by Stanlesuper

2 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

Interesting, I'll listen carefully my recordings. Never paid attention to this one.

Is it heard when going back to ground idle as well?

No I don't think so, 

Another example on the ground:

Stan

Edited by Stanlesuper

Hi. 

Ok I believe you gentlemen but that means that when you watch a video on youtube of a mirage 2000 in the cockpit the sound is false.

Don't forget that in the aircraft you wear an helmet that muffles all the sounds, you won't hear what a camera can record. 

In general I would say that between the noise reducing ear plugs, the helmet, the radios, the various RWR sounds, etc... you won't notice any cockpit sound. And definitely no engine sound. (Nor Mach barrier sound either for those who asked themselves the question, which is one of the most recurring one). 

By the way, the gyro sounds that we can hear when starting up the HUD for example is very well reproduced. But as soon as you wear your helmet it totally disappears. Its nonetheless a very typical sound that is strongly associated with the preflight checks.

Edited by El Chapo

Good evening to all.
The biggest problem with the 2000 sound is the structure of the sound file.
Compare the F18 back to the Mirage back and you will quickly understand where the problem comes from. 

A modern sound system with a lot of sound for the different phases of the aircraft would allow a much more accurate sound for our favorite M53-P2.
The 2000D often pass over my house in the afternoon or around 9pm for their night flight.
The work done is already superb in any case, thank you.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like 1

hello I downloaded the easy version with the update of 01/15/23 and there is a sound file in the core effect mode (e_M2kC_combustion_afterburner2_alt4) and when I want to read this file a window tells me that this file cannot be read!
What do you think ?🤔

On 1/9/2023 at 1:50 PM, Kercheiz said:

Interesting, I'll listen carefully my recordings. Never paid attention to this one.

Is it heard when going back to ground idle as well?

At 12:37 we can hear it on this video as well https://youtube.com/watch?v=EWgFcOGMy4g&feature=shares&t=756

It doesn't seem to be doing it going back to ground idle

Edited by broderbund67

Asus z170i pro gaming MB / i7-6700K OC 4.5Ghz /

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 8GD / Ram 16gb DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz / SSD 500Gb / Oculus Rift S

On 1/9/2023 at 8:30 PM, Stanlesuper said:

No I don't think so, 

Another example on the ground:

Stan

The engine light effects at low ambient light and a more customized burner colour would also be very awesome.

Visible engine flames inside the turbine is something distinct (though not exclusive) among the M53 and Atars.

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

• 3 months later...

Hello again
where are we with the sound of the Mirage 2000,
is an improvement expected?
Because we always hear the sound of the rear reactor in front view!
In real life no. just watch Mr Stanlesuper's video
but I already appreciate what has been done thank you

1 hour ago, PLUTON said:

Hello again
where are we with the sound of the Mirage 2000,
is an improvement expected?
Because we always hear the sound of the rear reactor in front view!
In real life no. just watch Mr Stanlesuper's video
but I already appreciate what has been done thank you

What do you think of the video I posted in the second message at the beginning of this thread.

Edited by Kercheiz

What do you think of the video I posted in the second post at the beginning of this thread.
YES the front sound should be exactly like that, alas
I can no longer change the sound, I have the impression that it is locked.👍

Well here I managed to change the sounds of the 2000c
and I put those of Mrs Kercheiz ("Easy M-2000C sound mod")
it's much better but alas you still hear the rear sound in front view and yet we should only hear the very characteristic whistle of the air intakes.
I can't wait for the sound to be like the real one because the 2000 is and will always be my number one😍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems like the sound mods no longer work in the latest update?  The original sound is not bad, but I would prefer it to be louder so that I can hear anything happening at all.  Not sure if this is something with my speakers, but other planes I can easily hear the engine.  Thanks