Why are these mod's colours causing Integrity Check Failures?

IC fail: /textures/ground @ d:/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/tech/tents/textures/tents.zip
IC fail: /textures/grass @ d:/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/tech/mg_bunker/textures/mg_bunker.zip
IC fail: /textures/white @ d:/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/tech/o_reis/textures

Is this something that can be fixed in lau or is it a model/texture issue the mod makers have to fix?

• 1 year later...
  • ED Team
2 hours ago, Elphaba said:

Still having IC failure on     mods/tech/o_reis/textures

Anyone? Is 2 years too long to wait for any help?

Hi

there is nothing to fix here, the IC wont allow this modification as it can be used for cheating. 

Best option is to lower the IC setting on the server if you want to use mods on it. 

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi

there is nothing to fix here, the IC wont allow this modification as it can be used for cheating. 

Best option is to lower the IC setting on the server if you want to use mods on it. 

thank you 

Could you explain how this specific mod allows cheating? I’m at a loss as it’s only textures for a ship right?

When you‘re allowed to change textures, you can make them whatever you want. E.g. very high contrast or even signal colors like red or yellow on objects that would naturally be rather difficult to pick up. Since only the client with the modified textures would see this and other players wouldn’t even been aware, that could give an unfair advantage.

I know, what kind of person would spoil the fun by engaging in such doing, but the sad reality is, some people would do almost anything to win - even by unfair means.

If that isn’t a concern for a particular server, they can always opt to lower the IC demands.

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Hiob said:

When you‘re allowed to change textures, you can make them whatever you want. E.g. very high contrast or even signal colors like red or yellow on objects that would naturally be rather difficult to pick up. Since only the client with the modified textures would see this and other players wouldn’t even been aware, that could give an unfair advantage.

I know, what kind of person would spoil the fun by engaging in such doing, but the sad reality is, some people would do almost anything to win - even by unfair means.

If that isn’t a concern for a particular server, they can always opt to lower the IC demands.

Okay, I understand that stupid or ignorant people will resort to such things, but surely they'd be doing it to aircraft or SA10 units etc. 

What I don't understand is why in this specific instance, the excuse that it can promote cheating applies, because AFAIK it's just a research ship right? And even if the mission target was a cargo ship and these textures made it more clearly visible then it's not really a big deal is it? Esp not compared to say making long distance aircraft easier to spot etc.

I was more asking why this specific mod, what is it about this one that breaks IC. 

This is the mod

nullimage.png

Edited by Elphaba

I know what you mean.

I don’t think that this can be controlled so granular. It would probably to difficult to keep track of all the exceptions. In the end, only ED can answer this - but I assume it boils down to this.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi

thank you 

I thought IC ignores the files in the saved games directory? 

• Like 1

Still having IC failure on     mods/tech/o_reis/textures

Anyone? Is 2 years too long to wait for any help?
I assume that path will be in Saved Games? You don't specify, and then it should not trigger IC.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Not OP but in the capture the path is:

IC fail: /textures/ground @ d:/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/tech/tents/textures/tents.zip
IC fail: /textures/grass @ d:/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/tech/mg_bunker/textures/mg_bunker.zip
IC fail: /textures/white @ d:/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/tech/o_reis/textures

Not OP but in the capture the path is:

IC fail: /textures/ground @ d:/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/tech/tents/textures/tents.zipIC fail: /textures/grass @ d:/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/tech/mg_bunker/textures/mg_bunker.zipIC fail: /textures/white @ d:/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/tech/o_reis/textures

Apologies! I missed that.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk