VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle Mode Dial Function

Baldrick33

This maybe a dumb question but I have struggled to find exactly what the Mode Dial controls.

Does it allow multiple controls to be assigned to all throttle (and connected device) switches and axes or is it limited to the six customisable momentary buttons?

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

2 hours ago, Baldrick33 said:

This maybe a dumb question but I have struggled to find exactly what the Mode Dial controls.

Does it allow multiple controls to be assigned to all throttle (and connected device) switches and axes or is it limited to the six customisable momentary buttons?

By default it is limited to the 6 buttons you see there, assigns different button numbers per selection of the dial.

However you can set it in the software to do much more. Me personally I like the KISS principle so just leave mine at default -- and I hardly use all 6 as it is and that is just at one dial setting.  If you want to explore the possibilities suggest starting with a good read in the manual. ( make sure you have latest).

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

17 minutes ago, dburne said:

By default it is limited to the 6 buttons you see there, assigns different button numbers per selection of the dial.

However you can set it in the software to do much more. Me personally I like the KISS principle so just leave mine at default -- and I hardly use all 6 as it is and that is just at one dial setting.  If you want to explore the possibilities suggest starting with a good read in the manual. ( make sure you have latest).

Thanks. I think I get it. Each of the 5 points of the rotary dial are used as shift modes (S1-S5) and these modes can be applied to any switch and button. By default the shift modes are only assigned to the 6 momentary buttons but could be assigned to any button or hat on the throttle (and any button on a Virpil device daisy chained to the throttle if I understand it)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

7 minutes ago, Baldrick33 said:

Thanks. I think I get it. Each of the 5 points of the rotary dial are used as shift modes (S1-S5) and these modes can be applied to any switch and button. By default the shift modes are only assigned to the 6 momentary buttons but could be assigned to any button or hat on the throttle (and any button on a Virpil device daisy chained to the throttle if I understand it)

Yeah I believe that is likely correct  but I have not and likely will not dig that deeply into it. I just have no need for more buttons right now.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I use the mode dial on my Virpil throttle along with Joystick gremlin to control profiles for different aircraft in DCS, I use the no mode modifier profile

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• 4 weeks later...

So If I create a new profile to use the 5 way Mode dial will I lose my keybinds and have to start rebinding ?

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

On 1/12/2023 at 7:48 PM, Burt said:

So If I create a new profile to use the 5 way Mode dial will I lose my keybinds and have to start rebinding ?

export your current profile from VPC software to file

create a copy of your Input folder that lives in

c:\users\your username\saved games\dcs.openbeta\config

and give it a go , you can always revert the folder and import your exported profile in VPC software and you are right back where u started ..... if anything goes wrong

• Thanks 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Okay great 👍🏻 thx !

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020