Multimonitor setup now violating Integrity Check

bones1014

I've been using multi monitors for years but in the past couple weeks my lua's have been violating the integrity check because I have named viewports. Included is an example of my file exporting the Viggen radar to the VIGGEN_RADAR viewport. The last two lines in the lua are what I add. Is there a better way to do it?

null

image.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't see my kneeboard without editing that file. But I can't play on some multiplayer servers with that file modified.

Alternatively, can we make it so the kneeboard is only displayed on the main display. You can still drag it off if you want, but it should be on the main screen by default.

Would be nice if that file could be whitelisted.  What plane are you flying?  In the F-18 anyway you can manually resize and move it in flight.  More of a pain than having it automatically set up where you want it, but it is doable.  Not sure how you would make sure its on the "main display".  Depending how you have multiple monitors set up would influence where it is.

2 hours ago, rob10 said:

Would be nice if that file could be whitelisted.  What plane are you flying?  In the F-18 anyway you can manually resize and move it in flight.  More of a pain than having it automatically set up where you want it, but it is doable.  Not sure how you would make sure its on the "main display".  Depending how you have multiple monitors set up would influence where it is.

It's off my main monitor in every plane. I can drag it, but the top left corner is hidden below an MFD frame, so that's a pain in the ass.

I wish there was just an option to move it somewhere and have it stay there.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. I export the Left and Right DDI, MPCD, IFEI and RWR of the F/A-18 via Helios. Since the integrity check was introduced, I can't play on servers with integrity check enabled anymore (unless I throw my simpit away, of course). I tried to export without Helios/changes in the game folder and can export the DDIs and the MPCD, but it seems not to be possible for the IFEI and RWR.

Why is that? How is exporting the DDI/MPCD considered ok, but exporting the IFEI and RWR not? As far as I understand, only two lines of lua script have to be added to each instrument lua file by ED, to make it possible and "legal".

Add this:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("FA_18C_IFEI", "IFEI")

To the "DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\ScriptsORIGINAL\IFEI\indicator\IFEI_init.lua" and it works.

Is this too much to ask?

• Like 1

I export the Left and Right DDI, MPCD, IFEI and RWR of the F/A-18 via Helios. Since the integrity check was introduced, I can't play on servers with integrity check enabled anymore (unless I throw my simpit away, of course). I tried to export without Helios/changes in the game folder and can export the DDIs and the MPCD, but it seems not to be possible for the IFEI and RWR.

Why is that? How is exporting the DDI/MPCD considered ok, but exporting the IFEI and RWR not? As far as I understand, only two lines of lua script have to be added to each instrument lua file by ED, to make it possible and "legal".

Add this:

To the "DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\ScriptsORIGINAL\IFEI\indicator\IFEI_init.lua" and it works.

Is this too much to ask?

4 hours ago, abikns said:

I have the same problem. I export the Left and Right DDI, MPCD, IFEI and RWR of the F/A-18 via Helios. Since the integrity check was introduced, I can't play on servers with integrity check enabled anymore (unless I throw my simpit away, of course). I tried to export without Helios/changes in the game folder and can export the DDIs and the MPCD, but it seems not to be possible for the IFEI and RWR.

Add this:

Is this too much to ask?

I export the exact same and it seems the 1/27/23 update killed IFEI and RWR for IC. I have no idea HOW this is considered cheating. All the work of building a pit and now 2/5 of the exports for F-18 are useless on MP... sigh.

Ruddle.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 5:48 AM, ry-ballz said:

I can't see my kneeboard without editing that file. But I can't play on some multiplayer servers with that file modified.

Alternatively, can we make it so the kneeboard is only displayed on the main display. You can still drag it off if you want, but it should be on the main screen by default.

What file is the one you modify to be able to have the kneeboard on the main screen only?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, xfirf said:

Yes please store the last used kneeboard-position in the settings or always bind it to the main-display. 🙂

Yes very much needed. 

This pure scripts integrity check is becoming a real problem for us multi monitor users that need to move the control indicator, kneeboard, and helicopter AI gunner indicator because the default code puts them off the screen. 

Even Enigmas and Hoggit have turned on pure scripts 😞

• Like 2

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

The team are aware of the issues with helios and it is something that we are looking at, but you will need to be patient while the team consider solutions. 

thank you

edit: threads merged

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 months later...

I will 100% side with this. More and more servers are starting to adopt the pure scripts option ( I understand why its there) but its also alienating many of us honest users who just have exported displays. Whether that be basic mfd exports, Helios users, or full blown home cockpits.Or in my case ( on top of exported displays, I have to edit my HUD lua files since I use a 5120x1440 monitor, and lack of widescreen(High res?), support makes HUD lines and text fat and fuzzy, not clean and crips like on a 1080p display, kind of counter intuitive. The rest of the game looks great, but not HUD’s, HMD’s and sometimes exported displays are almost unusable without modifying stroke thickness and fuzziness. Sad that it has come to this. 

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

Just a coincidence that I looked at it today, because I wanted to ask for an update on this. As MadKreator just stated, more and more servers are set to run pure scripts only and this is really affecting me (and obviously a lot of other people). It is not just a bug or promised and missing feature, it is becoming a "I can't play the game anymore" issue. At this point I have to decide to either play without the simpit that I spent a lot of time and money on building or play with my simpit, but alone. As you probably can imagine, neither of those choices are great.

Could you please let us know, what the status of this is? Thank you.

Edited by abikns
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...