F-15C cockpit overhaul, hotfix, 23.02.2024

cookiemonste

Hey folks,

happy new year! 🙂

This is my attempt to overhaul the pit and fix the illumination issues I came across.

I'd like to redo the entire pit, textures, materials, since its looking too glossy from what I have seen.

However, I can't really find good pictures of the pit, this is where I ask you for help and feedback.

So far I have removed the baked in reflections of the screens, gave the throttle quadrant some hairs and redid the fuel gauge and the heading tape on the cannopy. Additionally, I have upscaled the base textures using AI and used some of Caspers textures.

Anyway, have some teasers:

image (3).png

image (4).png

image (6).png

image (5).png

image (11).png

Download link, 26.02.2023: https://mega.nz/file/Iz5UnJqZ#7hSSIfN5womavYPQWY4aTRYxy6H5tP4lyZkX9wUS02Q
Key: 7hSSIfN5womavYPQWY4aTRYxy6H5tP4lyZkX9wUS02Q

Edited by cookiemonste
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I'd love to see the end result - the most annoying thing is the backlight at night. It's just that it would be nice to tone yet down the RWR, RADAR and MFD displays themselves. Because at night they blinds and the most and disturb.

4 hours ago, Nahen said:

I'd love to see the end result - the most annoying thing is the backlight at night. It's just that it would be nice to tone yet down the RWR, RADAR and MFD displays themselves. Because at night they blinds and the most and disturb.

Not sure if I can do that, thats part of the avionics, if you mean the symbology.
I can tweak the rest though.

41 minutes ago, cookiemonste said:

Not sure if I can do that, thats part of the avionics, if you mean the symbology.
I can tweak the rest though.

I suppose that these three displays are so crammed somewhere in the code that it will be hard to change their parameters.

Small update, I tried my hand at creating some roughmets for the canopy strut and the seat.

It's very flat at the moment, still trying to figure out how to put in more constrast without having to redo every scratch and dirt stain.

The mirrors still have their old spec texture. 
Good news, the roughmet mod does not break IC.

image.png

image (1).png

Edited by cookiemonste
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on the clock as of lately.
Not sure what ED had as ressource but its not correct.
Since I've already made the assets for the old clock, there will be 2 versions, a carbon copy of ED's clock and a "real" version.

I should have more times on my hand now so stay tuned.

D3S_0111-0600.jpg

Bild_2023-02-11_001813689.png

New clock:

Bild_2023-02-11_015730954.png

Bild_2023-02-11_015742768.png

Edited by cookiemonste
  • Like 4

I have started work on useless details: I started redoing the HUD console:

Bild_2023-02-13_010133807.png

Bild_2023-02-13_010156425.png

And the navigation should be easier now at night as well, not sure if I'll remaster the compass, I just messed with the heading marker: 

Bild_2023-02-13_010325375.png

I tried adding more details but ED says no: 

Bild_2023-02-13_010527483.png

Bild_2023-02-13_010544859.png

BTW: Does anyone in here know if it is possible to change the colour of the light itself? ED's illumination has the wrong colour, it should be red.

Edited by cookiemonste
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2023 at 4:18 AM, seven90 said:

I find the hud of the F15C really hard to read when the sun is at 12o`clock.

That's how it is IRL.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Once the gauges are done, I will upload a preliminary version in this thread.

I'm about 70% done with the gauges.

There are so many things I'd like to improve a the same time that it would take ages to get it done.

Simulated flood lights, roughmets, colour corrections etc.

So here is the plan: if the gauges are done, a WIP version will be posted in the first post.

WIP picture of roughmet work and illumination improvements will be posted here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • cookiemonste changed the title to F-15C cockpit overhaul, version 26.02.2023
9 hours ago, cookiemonste said:

After finding new ressources, I have realised that most gauges need a rework to be accurate.
I dont know how long this project will take, that's why im posting a current version.
This project will continue but it will take a good while.

If you need someone to help you out, I would be more than happy to do it.

i5-4690K CPU 3.50Ghz @ 4.10GHz; 32GB DDR3 1600MHz; GeForce GTX 1660 Super; LG IPS225@1920x1080; Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB; Windows 10 Pro

OK, I've been messing around a bit, ED's illumination is wrong, the instrumens should look like this: 

Bild_2023-03-03_204556428.png

I am unsure if I can change the colour of the light itself but I have been able to replicated this kind of backlight:

Bild_2023-03-03_204636149.png

Your thoughts?

I might be able to fake the floodlights by painting the lights onto the consoles and instrument panels itself, so it has a slight glow.

Edited by cookiemonste
  • Like 3