Question about TOS in the CRUS page

TheBigTatanka

Simple question..... Does the TOS function in the cruise page take into account the steer points in a route prior to the selected TOS steer point, or does it assume present position direct to steer point?

For example, if i have a route to fly and the target is at steer point 5, and i select 5 and highlight the TOS In CRUS pages, will the speed carrot and timing info take into account that i want to fly steer points 1-4 first, or only give me info direct to SP5?

Thanks. I've messed around with this, and can't make a determination. I also can't find the info in the pubs.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

Note that you can still use the system to take a ‘route’ into account. You can enter a TOS for every Steerpoint….

During mission planning you’d enter/plan a TOS for every SP (given a certain desired Ground speed along the route from the start point.) Obviously the planned Time over Steerpoint for say SP 5 would then depend upon the route you’d planned, and all previous Steerpoint TOS’s. 

Edited by AvroLanc

That makes sense! Thanks for that! I guess if you had a low level route with timing on your knee board, and had built the points in the editor (or hand-jammed them in the jet), you could then estimate your entry time to the route, and add times for each steer point based on your planning before takeoff. If you had to Rolex, you could use the time page to shift right.

This sounds like a great way to torture the dudes i fly with!

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

11 hours ago, TheBigTatanka said:

That makes sense! Thanks for that! I guess if you had a low level route with timing on your knee board, and had built the points in the editor (or hand-jammed them in the jet), you could then estimate your entry time to the route, and add times for each steer point based on your planning before takeoff. If you had to Rolex, you could use the time page to shift right.

This sounds like a great way to torture the dudes i fly with!

For rolex you could use the delta TOS on the time page.

Edited by _SteelFalcon_
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

In a certain version it will take into account the route through subsequent steerpoints in a route. E.g. if DTOS on 3 4 5 is invalid and 6 is entered then it will give guidance to fly from current position to 3 then to 4 then to 5 then to 6 to arrive at 6 at DTOS. That assumes those steers are along a defined route. What I haven't figure out is if our particular version should act that way of if it's too old.

13 hours ago, Frederf said:

In a certain version it will take into account the route through subsequent steerpoints in a route. E.g. if DTOS on 3 4 5 is invalid and 6 is entered then it will give guidance to fly from current position to 3 then to 4 then to 5 then to 6 to arrive at 6 at DTOS. That assumes those steers are along a defined route. What I haven't figure out is if our particular version should act that way of if it's too old.

That functionality was introduced in M2 so I'd be quite surprised if it wasn't still a thing in M4.

EDIT: I've already made a bug report on this topic:

Edited by WHOGX5
  • Thanks 2

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante