Thank you for another awesome campaign!

I just finished mission 15. What an awesome mission! What an awesome campaign!

I think it was a lot more realistic, a little more drama in the beginning where you felt for the characters in this than in the previous Raven One campaign, and a little less in the end. The last mission in Raven One was so dramatic with the dawn attack and the dogfight over Iran, and the VERY close fuel call. Hard to match that! But this campaign was so well done, such immense work you put into it! Such attention to detail!

A huge thank you for this awesome experience! I really feel like a real Hornet driver now! 😉

/Sharkku

• Like 2

2 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

If only AI chose to behave as it was programmed to do instead of starting doing new stupid things with every patch 🙂

Word!

Yesterday I was showing DCS to my girlfriend. I talked her through an entire Hornet startup on the carrier, and when it was finally time to taxi to the cat, whaddoyaknow, an AI runs into her. Sigh.

One day in the future, game AI will be intelligent for real. We are not there yet, but I think it's closer than most people think. I just watched the LAMBDA conversation that prompted that Google employee to claim it had gone sentient, and it's scary. I can't say for sure it's NOT sentient... if it's real. 

Anyway, it would be nice to have an ATC system and wingmen that you could talk to using normal language and not button presses. VAICOM is alright, but it could be so much better if it was properly integrated into the sim.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally finished the campaign, 6 months in the making!

While there were periods of significant frustration (due to mostly DCS bugs that saw me shelve the campaign a few times and come back once the bugs were repaired), overall it was a very well done and immersive campaign. BD can't control the DCS bugs unfortunately!

If anyone is in the same boat (waiting to come back to it), it's working now (less very minor issues) and highly recommended.

Edited by Sandman1330
  • Like 3

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! I also just wanted to thank you! I've just finished the campaign and enjoyed every mission, and the detailed documentation. Most immersive experience ever.

Kudos for the end I was sweating and have already the divert wp selected on the hsi when I finally managed to land on the boat... Never have felt more satisfaction after landing and completing a mission

PS: I also had some AI annoyances and crashes taxing to the cat (M14 is the last I remember) but your scripting is awesome to overcome DCS' AI limitations

Enviado desde mi POCOPHONE F1 mediante Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/20/2023 at 4:03 AM, baltic_dragon said:

Thank you guys, appreciate the feedback! Working slowly on 3rd part, which will be a Ravens training campaign set just before the first R1 book (yeah, Saint will be back). 

Oh man I hate Saint, he adds no value!

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Love the campaign, Baltic!  I'm at mission 9 and will continue ahead even if you have teased quality of life improvements in the near future. I am really looking forward to a quicker, more immersive, way to interact with "a" or "b" responses. 

• Like 1

System specs: 13900K, Nvidia 4090RTX, 64 GB RAM, 2TB SSD.  Rig: Next Level Racing Boing Military. VR: Varjo Aero (+Pimax (8KX)
Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM2, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Crosswind,
Winwing Orion 2 Hotas F16 (Throttle and stick) , Winwing Orion 2 F15EX throttle, Winwing F18 Phoenix MIP (VR)
Virpil Control Panel #2, Virpil Sharka 50 Control Panel, Total Controls Multi Function Button Box, Streamdeck
Software:  XRnecksafer, OpenKneeboard, SimShaker

On 7/17/2023 at 8:53 AM, Steel Jaw said:

Oh man I hate Saint, he adds no value!

On the contrary - eaves dropping in on the radio call I had myself laughing out loud! (Won't say more here as I don't want to spoiler for anyone who hasn't played the campaign or read the book)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...