Huey Multiplayer, my AI Wingmen won't fly with me !

ShaunX
Go to solution Solved by ShaunX,

I'm sure I must be missing something here.

I create any simple mission, any terrain, one client Huey with 2 AI veteran wingmen, parking hot or runway takeoff.

Works great in SP, wingmen takeoff and follow me.

I then Run the mission on a dedicated server on my second PC , join the MP server as client, I take off and both wingmen both shut down their engines.

Only get this problem with Hueys, all other airframes work as expected.

Any advice much appreciated

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

I put my Client Huey Down then I use the COPY Ctrl+C Ctrl+V to paste in all my Wingmen Don't know if it makes any difference or not but try that if you have not. 

3 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Please attach your .miz file.

Hello Sir. I attached the Trk files to that bug report you asked for on the huey. Thank You

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Flappie said:

Please attach your .miz file.

Thank you @Flappie

.miz file attached, simple pickup from hot parking at Batumi with 1 wingman. Also .trk files attached from SP and MP client tests this morning.

Please note however, that I'm still running the last 2.7..18 beta, both on my client and dedicated server (Can't take the 2.8 flat shadows FPS loss in VR)

Wingman follws in SP but shuts down in MP

Huey Wingman won't Play.miz Huey Wingman won't Play - SP.trk Huey Wingman won't Play-MP Client.trk

EDIT:

I've just found a way to make this work in Multiplayer..

If I set the advanced server option "Resume Manual", so that the mission starts paused, join the mission, and only then "resume" the mission on the server, the Huey wingman behaves correctly and follows me.

So maybe there's some sort of start timing issue with Huey AI wingmen in MP ?

Edited by ShaunX
  • Like 1

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

• Solution

@Flappie, don't waste your time investigating this. I've just discovered that wingmen behave correctly in MP if I use GROUND hot rather than parking hot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShaunX said:

@Flappie, don't waste your time investigating this. I've just discovered that wingmen behave correctly in MP if I use GROUND hot rather than parking hot.

Thanks. This shouldn't change the AI behaviour, though. Checking now.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

In your MP track, I see no aircraft spawning. So I did my own test using your mission. I set up a server to test all possibilities. Each time, I took off and landed away from the parking area.

• Parking hot: wingman follows and land.
  • Ground hot: wingman follows and land.
  • Ramp start:  wingman follows and land.
  • Ground cold:
    • 1st try: wingman was way too close to buildings, and he just couldn't find a way to rejoin.
    • 2nd try: I moved the position of my wingman in the mission, and then wingman follows and land.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

14 hours ago, Flappie said:

In your MP track, I see no aircraft spawning. So I did my own test using your mission. I set up a server to test all possibilities. Each time, I took off and landed away from the parking area.

• Parking hot: wingman follows and land.
  • Ground hot: wingman follows and land.
  • Ramp start:  wingman follows and land.
  • Ground cold:
    • 1st try: wingman was way too close to buildings, and he just couldn't find a way to rejoin.
    • 2nd try: I moved the position of my wingman in the mission, and then wingman follows and land.

Thanks for investigating. Must be my set up then. I've tried it on Caucasus, PG and Marianas and I always get the same results.

It's a weird one. I am using 2.7.18 client and server though, maybe it resolves with 2.8 ?

Anyway, I'm using parking hot now so not a problem

Thanks agaun