Lose of vertical fin and RWR

PLAAF

Hi, I wasn't actually sure if this is a bug or a feature, that's why I haven't reported this yet until now.

It happens often (about 20 to 40% of the time). During evasive maneuver I noticed that my rwr was gone, and my radar scope no long indicate the location of my base (with the white circle, but the radar itself still works). When I press F2 to see my plane I noticed that the tip of my vertical fin was blew apart and the rest of the fin has fragmental damages as if one of the missile hit me. But after review it with Tacview, no missle ever hit me. I did dodge them all. Also, during the entire time, no alarm was active on my warning panel.

In the beginning, I thought may be I pulled too much G and my fin got ripped off. But that's no possible, because I had no fuel tank nor AG weapon under my wings, and if I did pull too much G, my wing should be broken, not my fin. And I had my flight control on AA setting. The funnies part is that my rwr will return to me after awhile.

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

12 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Can you reproduce it in SP and attach the track? 

That was in single player. Sorry I did have a track, only the Tacview track. If I got a chance to play it again, I will screen shot them and save a track. One of the issue is that the track never work properly for me, especially if there is a update patch. Once your game is updated, the track made with the previous version of the game rarely work. The plane in the track will fly all over the place. I had a chat with some friends, it seems they have similar experience too.

qLjvyQ3.png

22 hours ago, PLAAF said:

That was in single player. Sorry I did have a track, only the Tacview track. If I got a chance to play it again, I will screen shot them and save a track. One of the issue is that the track never work properly for me, especially if there is a update patch. Once your game is updated, the track made with the previous version of the game rarely work. The plane in the track will fly all over the place. I had a chat with some friends, it seems they have similar experience too.

Yes, but a track is still helpful for developers becuase it records every axis movement and button press you make and how the mission is set up

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On 1/13/2023 at 11:18 PM, PLAAF said:

It happens often (about 20 to 40% of the time). During evasive maneuver I noticed that my rwr was gone...

...The funnies part is that my rwr will return to me after awhile.

Remember that the RWR has Blind Spots, like above the Cockpit or directly Below the cockpit. Try rolling 90° when you loose it next time. If it returns after the roll, then that is your problem.

He said that the RWR returns after a while. So the Rudder ripping off may  be part of the issue, but it wouldn't be the full isssue.
I would still assume it's the Blind Spot.

To the part of the Rudder ripping off actually, 
I noticed that aswell.

If you do a Roll maneuver and get too much sideslip (basically AoA but on the yaw axis), the rudder will Rip off.

On 1/15/2023 at 7:25 PM, Napillo said:

its 'lose' and if the tail is missing, the rwr should be missing too. That's where the ECM is.

yes. I remembered there was a similar report, and actually his tail fin ripped off

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

On 1/16/2023 at 11:28 PM, Wyvern said:

He said that the RWR returns after a while. So the Rudder ripping off may  be part of the issue, but it wouldn't be the full isssue.
I would still assume it's the Blind Spot.

To the part of the Rudder ripping off actually, 
I noticed that aswell.

If you do a Roll maneuver and get too much sideslip (basically AoA but on the yaw axis), the rudder will Rip off.

On 1/15/2023 at 8:36 AM, AeriaGloria said:

Yes, but a track is still helpful for developers becuase it records every axis movement and button press you make and how the mission is set up

Thanks guys, I will try to squeeze some free time to reproduce this and upload the track as soon as I can.

qLjvyQ3.png