BF 109

RickyZ
Go to solution Solved by Art-J,

Hi the controls for bf 109 cannon and machine guns cannot be bind to the controller. Would like to know if this a bug that has been discussed. Also the behavior of 109 is very different from last time i few it.its very uncontrollable. hope they will fix it next update

• Solution

Nothing in the 109 was changed in recent updates apart from cooling system. Controls and flight model work as they've been for a long time. Are you sure you haven't switched between game flight mode and simulation flight mode in gameplay options by mistake? Also keep in mind both these modes use separate control assignment tables (called "easy" and "real").

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

The armament can be assigned to a button and the plane behaves as it always had.

So check that you have disabled the arcade flight mode in the settings, turned off the rudder assistances in the special settings, and maybe remove any mods you have and run a repair.

• Thanks 1

You seem to describe two different problems (which might have a common cause though).
1. You cannot bind the triggers for MG and cannon: Please elaborate, give us more specifics. Include a screenshot of the Options/Controls screen where you try to bind the controls.
    Note: double bindings don't generally cause issues with gun/cannon triggers.
2. Uncontrollable: This is usually caused by control axes like Pitch, Roll, Yaw (Rudder) being bound to 2 or more game controllers. This is caused by default bindings created by the software, especially when you have newly installed game controllers. It's quite common and I have seen it happen "spontaneously".
Go to the "Axis Commands" category and verify that none of these axes has bindings in more than one column.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5