Unrecognized HUD Cue

REL

It looks like your laser is set in designate mode which is used for some weapons that aren't in DCS.

Not true - the Kh-25L although not a standard weapon is loadable if you create your own payload. It will guide with the laser set to designate mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

From the English manual, page 2-19:

"Laser Designator Panel 2-13: Laser designator panel

1. The small “СБРОС ЛДП” laser designator reset button is used to cease laser illumination, if it has not already timed out after 20 sec. [LALT + LCTRL + O]

2. The laser range finder / laser designator mode toggle “ЛД-ЛДП” switch is located directly below the HSI and is set to the “ЛД” laser range finder position by default. [LSHIFT + O] When set to the “ЛДП” laser designator position, the laser can be used to designate targets for weapons such as the Kh-25ML, Kh-29L or laser bombs. The Ka-50 can search for a target and illuminate it for 20 seconds by a second press of the ENTER key. This switch does not affect “Vikhr” employment."

Anyone tried this missile? I love how it kinda throws the Black Shark a bit off balance after launch because of the weight.

The few times I've tried it though it overshot each time. And it also seems to work without putting the laser designator mode on "ЛДП".. should it?

I personally didnt try it out yet, but as far as i understood, it will not overshoot if you use designator mode and that it will overshoot if you dont use designator mode....

(Anyhow don't quote me with that because i am really not sure about that)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

(and hopefully get reborn in DCS!)

(Dream came true about 10 years later, now the Apache please :lol:)

If it's the big white missil with red exaust ports. It will guide the same way you fire the Vkers.

They are quite potent against vehicules. In one mission I made, I shot an Ural truck with lots of infantry around. They all died from the shockwave, some where far away from the veh.

I like that missil to take out small buildings.

i was trying this last night with a few friends, i was lasing the targets and they were firing 12 to 15km back, im not 100% sure how it works, but they were getting target notify on their huds and so launched, i picked up the guidance i think on my hud once itwas over head or close to me.

Killed a few things, but its not great for precision hits and patriots and rolands shoot them down easily :)

Asus P8P67-M Pro, i7 2600K@4.6Ghz, 4gb Vengence Ram, Gainward GTX 580 3gb Phantom, Win7 64 Ultimate, Warthog Control System.

Trackir 5 Pro, Saitek Combat Pedals.