Device manager is refreshing every second cousin came to freeze every time device manager refreshes

Corco

Hi all,

I am having this issue where device manager is refreshing every second causing the game to freeze every time device manager refreshes.

I can’t seem to figure out the cause… it’s only affecting DCS. It doesn’t affect IL2 or other games.

I unplugged all my USB devices so that’s not the cause it is something else. Is it safe to disconnect the SATA cables to the drives without causing issues to see if one of those mightvcause a problem? (Of course disconnect them when powered off)

GPU - AMD Radon 6800

I ran virus full scan. That is good. I did a Chdsk and that seems to be good. I started in Windows safe mode and issue stoped with the device manager refreshing every second which causes DCS to freeze every second.

Stumped as to where to go from here? I “think” since device manager is stable then my SSD hard drives are not corrupted? So I wonder if it is the video card? What was weird is when I opened DCS, when it was doing this issue, My lights in my office would actually slightly flicker every time my computer froze which I find very odd. I thought it might’ve been a possible power supply issue but it’s working fine now in safe mode, so I have no idea.

8B9791FA-4D26-4E9D-B673-39CAD260E945.jpeg

E32A1780-4CB3-42BF-985D-B726BEB2CDC9.jpeg

08924162-837C-485E-8530-FEA920FDE011.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Corco said:

My lights in my office would actually slightly flicker every time my computer froze which I find very odd.

Not good! 😐

Have you tried to disable "Hotplug device" in DCS options yet?

I see you are using the AURA led controller. I wonder how DCS would handle this peripheral. Try and unplug it, and see if DCS keeps acting weird.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

50 minutes ago, Corco said:

8B9791FA-4D26-4E9D-B673-39CAD260E945.jpeg

E32A1780-4CB3-42BF-985D-B726BEB2CDC9.jpeg

08924162-837C-485E-8530-FEA920FDE011.jpeg

you have a massive amount of yellow triangles. @Flappie is correct. you should unplug all usb devices except what is totally needed to play the sim. all those problem devices have to be messing with things. AND

25 minutes ago, Flappie said:

disable "Hotplug device" in DCS options

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

@Corco "My lights in my office would actually slightly flicker every time my computer froze which I find very odd"

If it's not a coincidence than it would mean your computer draws abruptly a serious amount of power. Maybe your Event Viewer has logged something out of the ordinary and can give some direction.

Good luck and stay safe

Hi All, I really appreciate your input. The screenshots were when I was in safe mode.

So since it worked in safe mode, I just started to disable one device at a time. Once I disabled Microsoft Device Association Route Enumerator everything start working.

That’s the weirdest thing why would everything be working fine and then all of a sudden it stopped working.

I’m also going to try disabling hot plug device in DCS as well…next but the issue was occurring whether DCS was open or not so it’s a non-DCS issue.

Edited by Corco

19 minutes ago, Corco said:

Hi All, I really appreciate your input. The screenshots were when I was in safe mode.

So since it worked in safe mode, I just started to disable one device at a time. Once I disabled Microsoft Device Association Route Enumerator everything start working.

That’s the weirdest thing why would everything be working fine and then all of a sudden it stopped working.

I’m also going to try disabling hot plug device in DCS as well…next but the issue was occurring whether DCS was open or not so it’s a non-DCS issue.

good luck! come back if you still need advice.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 6 months later...

Mine solution was a corrupted drive. I noticed device manager refreshed on stutter, checked event viewer, which showed a CHKDSK being made, and also other event category showed lots of errors related to files. I did execuce a chkdsk fix, which fired after a PC restart, and then problem was solved, drive was a little corrupt, probably by a power outage, or some bluescreens which I had (NVME SSD). Interesting that I didn't see that problem in other games.

- legitscoper

My specs:

Windows 8.1 Laptop Lenovo Y50 intel core i7 Nvidia GTX 860M, 8gb RAM, 275GB SSD