Individual missions

RimanDk
Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

Given the format of the campaign and the nomenclature used (Mission 2.a, etc), I was hoping that each exercise would be re-playable from the campaign mission select menu. Unfortunately, they are not and only the "top" mission file in the stack is shown and re-playable. That means, if I want to practice a particular exercise, I have to go through all of what came before first.

I get the "you can never get too good at x and y..." argument, but when time is limited and the mission/file structure seems to support this...

If I were to copy the individual mission files from the campaign folder into the Missions folder, would I not be able to load and play each "subsection" of the mission (each exercise) separately? Would it break anything? Would I be doing something "wrong"? Are there any particular drawbacks in doing this?

Thanks in advance.

• Solution
1 hour ago, RimanDk said:

If I were to copy the individual mission files from the campaign folder into the Missions folder, would I not be able to load and play each "subsection" of the mission (each exercise) separately? Would it break anything? Would I be doing something "wrong"? Are there any particular drawbacks in doing this?

It's easier to just open the mission from the Mission Editor, like this (don't have that Campaign yet, but the idea is the same):

pPWzKW9.jpg

This way you wont be duplicating files nor run the mission from a different folder than the designer intended. You can't make any edits to the mission, just run it.

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Given the format of the campaign and the nomenclature used (Mission 2.a, etc), I was hoping that each exercise would be re-playable from the campaign mission select menu. Unfortunately, they are not and only the "top" mission file in the stack is shown and re-playable. That means, if I want to practice a particular exercise, I have to go through all of what came before first.
I get the "you can never get too good at x and y..." argument, but when time is limited and the mission/file structure seems to support this...
Thanks in advance.
I believe you can quickly "skip" through the list, and then select them individually.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Let me copy my answer from a different thread:

That's a really good question! If you fail a mission (don't complete) and you exit, the DCS campaign engine won't let you pick up from the last phase you started. It's too simplistic for that.

BUT: you can always go to the campaign's folder, open the mission (exercise) you last started, and go from there. Once you complete, you go to the DCS campaign menu and skip the mission to get to the next one.

I never really cared about campaign scores, the results that matter are your grades, but you'll get them anyway, and you record those outside of DCS in your excel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Reflected said:

Let me copy my answer from a different thread:

That's a really good question! If you fail a mission (don't complete) and you exit, the DCS campaign engine won't let you pick up from the last phase you started. It's too simplistic for that.

BUT: you can always go to the campaign's folder, open the mission (exercise) you last started, and go from there. Once you complete, you go to the DCS campaign menu and skip the mission to get to the next one.

I never really cared about campaign scores, the results that matter are your grades, but you'll get them anyway, and you record those outside of DCS in your excel.

Perfect! Thank you!

• Like 1