DCS-BIOS Dont work

KALACH

Hello everyone! on the Internet I have not found information what to do when the DCS bios does not work, or rather when you have connected everything clearly according to the instructions, and the game simply does not execute commands, you press the real toggle switch, and the virtual one does not work( like this. I also have this problem with the LED, when it turns on in the game, the real one does not, I have tried many options. however, none has helped yet, please tell me if anyone knows anything, I use ARDUINO NANO, thanks

On 2/6/2023 at 6:17 AM, Pingi said:

can we get an explanation? i've been having issues myself and i'm not a computer genius so when someone asks for help and then as a reply all you get is a youtube link which i'm sure we've tried already it just add to the frustration. 

16 hours ago, Shaker14 said:

can we get an explanation? i've been having issues myself and i'm not a computer genius so when someone asks for help and then as a reply all you get is a youtube link which i'm sure we've tried already it just add to the frustration. 

This video is just a week old, covering everything from installation to implementation. You will find your answer in there.

My latest project, the Multi Function Button Box can be found at Kickstarter.

On 2/6/2023 at 9:38 AM, KALACH said:

Hello everyone! on the Internet I have not found information what to do when the DCS bios does not work, or rather when you have connected everything clearly according to the instructions, and the game simply does not execute commands, you press the real toggle switch, and the virtual one does not work( like this. I also have this problem with the LED, when it turns on in the game, the real one does not, I have tried many options. however, none has helped yet, please tell me if anyone knows anything, I use ARDUINO NANO, thanks

HI.

I also use a NANO, but I found no problem whatsoever. As I can't acccess your rig, be sure that:

a) Arduino is well recognized in windows

b) You have the Arduino IDE active and the board is correctly selected and the port is ok. First try the "blink" sketch and change frequency to make sure it works fine.

c) The sketch is using the correct snipets for the module you are using and that there is no interference between modules; I found that the F-5 has an issue with some of the snipets (with the F-18 IRC) and the F14 creates issues with the A10C.

If you can, please load here the sketch and I will chek it out.

Saludos.

Saca111

I also had issue's with the original DCS bios worked at the start, but just stopped working. I was told to use flight panels version the guide above is the flight panels version dont bother with the original hub version as it isnt updated follow the video above and you should be good to go. Since i have moved i now have no issues. If you goto  https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels there is also a quick setup PDF guide also dont install the google chrome plugin as it doesnt work anymore you have to use the bort plug in 

https://github.com/charliefoxtwo/Bort/releases/tag/v0.2.0 took me awhile to understand also, but you will eventually get there, just dont give up. 

On 2/11/2023 at 5:17 AM, Shaker14 said:

What explanation? Everything is explained in the video.

What bothers me is that there is no update on the original DCS-Bios Github page that says it has become obsolete, i tried yesterday to have it to work and it would not connect to the game via the web interface. Today i followed the video instructions on that FP DCS-Bios, but when i try to download the BORT it tells me the file is unsafe so i stopped at that point. What are all those people with rigs built using the original DCS-Bios tool doing ? Are they still working ? 

13 hours ago, Chally850 said:

What bothers me is that there is no update on the original DCS-Bios Github page that says it has become obsolete, i tried yesterday to have it to work and it would not connect to the game via the web interface. Today i followed the video instructions on that FP DCS-Bios, but when i try to download the BORT it tells me the file is unsafe so i stopped at that point. What are all those people with rigs built using the original DCS-Bios tool doing ? Are they still working ? 

Just go ahead and run BORT anyway. It is not verified, but won't harm your computer. There is also a web reference tool in the DOCS-folder you can check out.

My latest project, the Multi Function Button Box can be found at Kickstarter.

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone, I was reading through this thread due to running into my own issues getting what is very well shown in Total Controls video to work.

Everything progresses smoothly until I try to verify the code in Arduino IDE. (Note I have had the previous version of DCS working, this issue occurs with the latest version)

I have checked and verified:

• I have the lates DCS-BIOS code
  • it is installed in the save games folder 
  • the library is installed in Arduino IDE

I create an IRQ_Serial sketch and past my code from BORT. 

#define DCSBIOS_IRQ_SERIAL

#include "DcsBios.h"

DcsBios::Switch3Pos extCntTankSw("EXT_CNT_TANK_SW", 16, 8);
DcsBios::Switch3Pos extWngTankSw("EXT_WNG_TANK_SW", 14, 7);
DcsBios::Switch2Pos fuelDumpSw("FUEL_DUMP_SW", 10);
DcsBios::Switch3Pos probeSw("PROBE_SW", 15, 6);

void setup() {
  DcsBios::setup();
}

void loop() {
  DcsBios::loop();
}

The error upon Verify is rather lengthy:

C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h: In function 'void DcsBios::USART_RX_vect()':
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:54:25: error: 'UDR0' was not declared in this scope
    volatile uint8_t c = UDR0;
                         ^~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:54:25: note: suggested alternative: 'UDR1'
                         ^~~~
                         UDR1
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h: In function 'void DcsBios::setup()':
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:60:4: error: 'UBRR0H' was not declared in this scope
    UBRR0H = 0;
    ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:60:4: note: suggested alternative: 'UBRR1H'
    UBRR0H = 0;
    ^~~~~~
    UBRR1H
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:61:4: error: 'UBRR0L' was not declared in this scope
    UBRR0L = 3; // 250000 bps
    ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:61:4: note: suggested alternative: 'UBRR1L'
    ^~~~~~
    UBRR1L
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:62:4: error: 'UCSR0A' was not declared in this scope
    UCSR0A = 0;
    ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:62:4: note: suggested alternative: 'UCSR1A'
    UCSR0A = 0;
    ^~~~~~
    UCSR1A
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:63:4: error: 'UCSR0C' was not declared in this scope
    UCSR0C = (1<<UCSZ00) | (1<<UCSZ01);
    ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:63:4: note: suggested alternative: 'UCSR1C'
    ^~~~~~
    UCSR1C
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:63:17: error: 'UCSZ00' was not declared in this scope
                 ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:63:17: note: suggested alternative: 'UCSZ10'
                 ^~~~~~
                 UCSZ10
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:63:31: error: 'UCSZ01' was not declared in this scope
                               ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:63:31: note: suggested alternative: 'UCSZ11'
                               ^~~~~~
                               UCSZ11
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:4: error: 'UCSR0B' was not declared in this scope
    UCSR0B = (1<<RXEN0) | (1<<TXEN0) | (1<<RXCIE0);
    ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:4: note: suggested alternative: 'UCSR1B'
    ^~~~~~
    UCSR1B
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:17: error: 'RXEN0' was not declared in this scope
                 ^~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:17: note: suggested alternative: 'RXEN1'
                 ^~~~~
                 RXEN1
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:30: error: 'TXEN0' was not declared in this scope
                              ^~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:30: note: suggested alternative: 'TXEN1'
                              ^~~~~
                              TXEN1
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:43: error: 'RXCIE0' was not declared in this scope
                                           ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:43: note: suggested alternative: 'RXCIE1'
                                           ^~~~~~
                                           RXCIE1
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h: In function 'void DcsBios::usart_tx(const char*)':
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:80:13: error: 'UCSR0A' was not declared in this scope
     while(!(UCSR0A & (1<<UDRE0))); // wait until TX buffer is empty
             ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:80:13: note: suggested alternative: 'UCSR1A'
             ^~~~~~
             UCSR1A
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:80:26: error: 'UDRE0' was not declared in this scope
                          ^~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:80:26: note: suggested alternative: 'UDRE1'
                          ^~~~~
                          UDRE1
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:81:5: error: 'UDR0' was not declared in this scope
     UDR0 = *c++; // write byte to TX buffer
     ^~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:81:5: note: suggested alternative: 'UDR1'
     ^~~~
     UDR1

exit status 1

Compilation error: exit status 1

Edited by DanielC

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2023 at 10:02 AM, DanielC said:

Hello Everyone, I was reading through this thread due to running into my own issues getting what is very well shown in Total Controls video to work.

Everything progresses smoothly until I try to verify the code in Arduino IDE. (Note I have had the previous version of DCS working, this issue occurs with the latest version)

I have checked and verified:

• I have the lates DCS-BIOS code
  • it is installed in the save games folder 
  • the library is installed in Arduino IDE

I create an IRQ_Serial sketch and past my code from BORT. 

#define DCSBIOS_IRQ_SERIAL

#include "DcsBios.h"

DcsBios::Switch3Pos extCntTankSw("EXT_CNT_TANK_SW", 16, 8);
DcsBios::Switch3Pos extWngTankSw("EXT_WNG_TANK_SW", 14, 7);
DcsBios::Switch2Pos fuelDumpSw("FUEL_DUMP_SW", 10);
DcsBios::Switch3Pos probeSw("PROBE_SW", 15, 6);

void setup() {
  DcsBios::setup();
}

void loop() {
  DcsBios::loop();
}

The error upon Verify is rather lengthy:

C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h: In function 'void DcsBios::USART_RX_vect()':
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:54:25: error: 'UDR0' was not declared in this scope
                         ^~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:54:25: note: suggested alternative: 'UDR1'
                         ^~~~
                         UDR1
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h: In function 'void DcsBios::setup()':
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:60:4: error: 'UBRR0H' was not declared in this scope
    UBRR0H = 0;
    ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:60:4: note: suggested alternative: 'UBRR1H'
    UBRR0H = 0;
    ^~~~~~
    UBRR1H
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:61:4: error: 'UBRR0L' was not declared in this scope
    ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:61:4: note: suggested alternative: 'UBRR1L'
    ^~~~~~
    UBRR1L
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:62:4: error: 'UCSR0A' was not declared in this scope
    UCSR0A = 0;
    ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:62:4: note: suggested alternative: 'UCSR1A'
    UCSR0A = 0;
    ^~~~~~
    UCSR1A
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:63:4: error: 'UCSR0C' was not declared in this scope
    ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:63:4: note: suggested alternative: 'UCSR1C'
    ^~~~~~
    UCSR1C
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:63:17: error: 'UCSZ00' was not declared in this scope
                 ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:63:17: note: suggested alternative: 'UCSZ10'
                 ^~~~~~
                 UCSZ10
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:63:31: error: 'UCSZ01' was not declared in this scope
                               ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:63:31: note: suggested alternative: 'UCSZ11'
                               ^~~~~~
                               UCSZ11
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:4: error: 'UCSR0B' was not declared in this scope
    ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:4: note: suggested alternative: 'UCSR1B'
    ^~~~~~
    UCSR1B
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:17: error: 'RXEN0' was not declared in this scope
                 ^~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:17: note: suggested alternative: 'RXEN1'
                 ^~~~~
                 RXEN1
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:30: error: 'TXEN0' was not declared in this scope
                              ^~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:30: note: suggested alternative: 'TXEN1'
                              ^~~~~
                              TXEN1
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:43: error: 'RXCIE0' was not declared in this scope
                                           ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:65:43: note: suggested alternative: 'RXCIE1'
                                           ^~~~~~
                                           RXCIE1
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h: In function 'void DcsBios::usart_tx(const char*)':
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:80:13: error: 'UCSR0A' was not declared in this scope
             ^~~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:80:13: note: suggested alternative: 'UCSR1A'
             ^~~~~~
             UCSR1A
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:80:26: error: 'UDRE0' was not declared in this scope
                          ^~~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:80:26: note: suggested alternative: 'UDRE1'
                          ^~~~~
                          UDRE1
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:81:5: error: 'UDR0' was not declared in this scope
     ^~~~
C:\Users\danie\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DCS-BIOS_FP-Fork\src/DcsBios.h:81:5: note: suggested alternative: 'UDR1'
     ^~~~
     UDR1

exit status 1

Compilation error: exit status 1

you ever find a solution? i am getting the same thing with a leonardo board

• 2 months later...
On 2/6/2023 at 4:17 AM, Pingi said:

Hi everyone, I am trying to get my arduino to work with dcs bios but when I get to the point in the video where he says to download bort, there is no exe (release)  Did this stop being supported?  ANd if so can someone tell me where I can get the control reference info?  All I can see is the documentation where it says to open the web interface but I cant find the web interface.  Sorry for the dumb question, I suffer from PTSD and when I follow instructions or a video and it doesnt work, the brain kind of locks up. Thanks for any help

And I hope this isnt necro posting, the video is kind of new and if there is a problem I am trying to highlight it and find a solution for others. 

Tracer

Hey Draconus I wanted to give a HUGE shoutout and thank you.  It worked.  I finished the video and tested the fire ext test light in the F18 and when I toggled the switch in game my lef on the board lit up : ) .  Now the fun starts in testing out what I can do.  Man what a relief I never would have found that file you linked for me.  Thank you again and have a great weekend.

Tracer