MODUL red warning

Japo32

Yesterday I was flying the EE version. Just climbing with some little afterburned.. and suddently the alarm. Lots of batery, generators, etc... and the red one MODUL light illuminated. Overtorque in alternators? Can someone explain me how was this produced and how to avoid it in future? Thanks!

if your airspeed stays too low for more than just a few minutes or even at times if your AOA is too much, your generators overheat. try again just watch your airspeed, then repeat keeping your airspeed above 175kts and see if it repeats.

1 hour ago, Japo32 said:

at the moment of the failure I was 280knots climbing with afterburner at 11º angle of attack.

Sounds like you were too slow. Can't find the diagram now, but as a thumb rule, above 300 is almost necessary, above 350 is good.

It was mentioned in the change logs that generators can now overheat quickly if you are too slow.
There should be another topic around here with a similar issue, it still took some people by surprise.

• Like 1

Alias in Discord: Mailman

null

image.png

Source: F1 Manual Page 121

speed up that sucker 😉

THX goes out to @QuiGon, he pushed me into that direction. That solved all the issues i had.
In the end, your alternators don't get the air for cooling and it overheats.
My interim Solution was to turn of the ALT2, wait some 10 seconds and turn it back on, but that's not, what you want. Keep good AOA when ascending and when on the tanker.

• Like 3