The VSN A-7 Corsair II

Hawkeye60

The VSN A-7 Corsair II

This is a Cad Nav model.

It is NOT the original VSN model.

It has a creative commons license.

Credit belongs to the VSN team for kind permission to re-create,

Using their old code, this wonderful mod.

Please take note,  this is a low poly model, modified for DCS.

All 3D work, and DCS implementation Is by myself,

With the VSN teams blessing.

I thank them!

Saved games install

OvGME ready

All errors or omissions are my own.

Have fun!

A Beta release.

Report errors here please.

New version!

Release candidate.

With a big thanks to Spino for the pylons, his own,  and lua weapon and code up-date. And to the VSN team, and Kobra for the use of the original mod as a template.

Feel free to create skins.

Post issues here, in this thread.

All model errors are my own.

And have FUN!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpqk2q2fbk4v1yx/VSN A-7E V 3.5.rar?dl=0

Screen-230206-204253.jpg

Screen-230206-204256.jpg

Screen-230206-204245.jpg

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Thanks for the kind words.

Please remember this is a low poly model.

There is only so much which can be done.

That being said,

A new version is in the works.

With pylons and proper load out.

First post will be up-dated when ready.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Thanks again Hawkeye!  The new version doesn't put it's wings up when on the carrier deck as a static plane.  In the ME is shows the wings up when assigned to the carrier, but once the mission is loaded the wings are down.  I tried using the old livery folder for the "static wings folded" and putting it in the updated version, but it didn't work.  So I used the old version still that offers a separate wings folded static.  I know it's not your doing, but man is this one jumbled mess of shapes and textures.  The fuselage and tail work alright, but the wings, stabilizer, upper and lower surfaces are all over the place.  

Screen_230210_154219.jpg

• Like 1

"A plan is a list of things that wont happen"

DCS banner.jpg

Release candidate.

First post.

V 3.5

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes, but they aren't worth sharing. The wings, stabilizer, upper and lower surfaces are a jumbled mess of incongruent shapes that are impossible to skin effectively.  I just sit back and hope that somebody drops a link to that Russian mod version you see around on youtube or when FlyingIron releases their A-7E in the next six years after they redo the entire model another nine times.

• Like 1

"A plan is a list of things that wont happen"

DCS banner.jpg

• 2 months later...