Game Crash while loading mission - Wait for pooled tasks - 1

jonsky7

Hi,

I've spent considerable amount of time making a mission, I ran the mission multiple times last night.

Today it will not load, the game keeps crashing at the same spot, while Wait for pooled tasks - 1 shows on the loading screen

Can anyone tell me what's going on please? It's only this mission, or versions of this mission. All other missions load fine. It loads into the mission editor fine.

I saw something about memory, so I have ran a memtest on about 60GB of my 64GB of RAM for over an hour without a single error being detected.

Thanks

Edited by jonsky7

1 hour ago, jonsky7 said:

Can anyone tell me what's going on please? It's only this mission, or versions of this mission. All other missions load fine.

Hi,

I tried to load the missions on my DCS, and both load with no issues:

nhQCTKl.jpg

aBy8sVi.jpg

So, it is not the missions, but something within your DCS. Have you tried a DCS repair? 

If the repair does not solve the issue, then try to rename the folder /Saved Games/DCS/MissionEditor/ to /MissionEditor.bak  to reset your ME preferences and settings.

I noted that you have /Saved Games/ on an external drive .. did you move it there with the proper windows procedure?  

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Hi,

I tried to load the missions on my DCS, and both load with no issues:

nhQCTKl.jpg

aBy8sVi.jpg

So, it is not the missions, but something within your DCS. Have you tried a DCS repair? 

If the repair does not solve the issue, then try to rename the folder /Saved Games/DCS/MissionEditor/ to /MissionEditor.bak  to reset your ME preferences and settings.

I noted that you have /Saved Games/ on an external drive .. did you move it there with the proper windows procedure?  

Eduardo

Hi Rudel, Thanks for the quick reply. 

I am also able to load it into the mission editor, it crashes whilst trying to run the mission. Did you try to run the mission too? Thanks.

Yes, windows knows where my saved games folder is. It's on a internal Nvme drive, the same one as DCS.

Gonna try a repair though.

Edited by jonsky7

3 minutes ago, jonsky7 said:

it crashes whilst trying to run the mission.

I am able to load and run both missions without any issues. In the ME and just selecting the mission.

So if you are running any mods it liable to be an issue with one of those, even if not used in your mission.

Why you need to do a DCS repair / remove mods from 'Saved Games' first to eliminate that possibility.

I am also able to load it into the mission editor, it crashes whilst trying to run the mission.

🙂 ..  no, I didn't try to run them because you said "Today it will not load" ... 🙂 

Did you try to run the mission too? Thanks

I tried now, and while I have not flown them to completion, they do start with no issues:

4hYVZVh.jpg

6bR6Rjy.jpg

Try the steps I suggested on my prior post  🙂

58 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

So if you are running any mods it liable to be an issue with one of those, even if not used in your mission.

My first impression is that this is not a Mod conflict, as it only happens on a single mission, a conflict would cause more widespread issues.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

🙂 ..  no, I didn't try to run them because you said "Today it will not load" ... 🙂 

I tried now, and while I have not flown them to completion, they do start with no issues:

4hYVZVh.jpg

6bR6Rjy.jpg

Try the steps I suggested on my prior post  🙂

My first impression is that this is not a Mod conflict, as it only happens on a single mission, a conflict would cause more widespread issues.

1 hour ago, AdrianL said:

I am able to load and run both missions without any issues. In the ME and just selecting the mission.

Why you need to do a DCS repair / remove mods from 'Saved Games' first to eliminate that possibility.

Thanks for the help guys, I think it may have been a corrupt skin file for the Ju-88. When I tried moving the files it said one of them was unreadable. 

• Like 2