Any news on the Mig-23?

Lido

On 4/12/2024 at 11:03 PM, BalticDude said:

RIP MiG-23ML..

You will be missed 🙏

Let's not fuel FUD.

Everyone got silent (finally), modules are still in the store which means talks are likely underway.

Let's just wait and see what comes out...

• Like 4

I will only get worried when/if you can no longer buy their modules.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

So, given the current state of affairs ...

Does anyone have any insight of what is the predicted future for the MiG-23 ?

( Is the project to be forgotten, will it be on stand-by indefinitely or will it continue developing to an eventual release ? )

Thank you

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I have no insights at all, and since most communication seems to take place in Discords these days, I miss most of the info anyway, but here's what I would assume based on the only facts we really know: RB and ED have publically thrown accusations at each other, their business relationship therefore has taken serious damage, and three very valuable people of RB have left the team.

After the all the public drama between RB and ED, the bridges have been burned. At this point I don't see how any of both sides would want to invest into future projects beyond the already released modules. Also, the leaving of three very relevant people from the RB team probably is a serious blow to the coding side of the MiG-23.

Based on these facts, I consider the RB MiG-23 dead. I would love to be proven wrong though, because I'm seriously craving for a MiG-23ML(A) in DCS and this whole drama desaster and its consequences really sadden me, but seeing the fact that none of the Razbam officials or Overstratos have commented here in months or even more than a year, I also don't expect to hear anything from them.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Krez said:

Bingo.

Lol.

1 hour ago, Volator said:

the only facts we really know: RB and ED have publically thrown accusations at each other, their business relationship therefore has taken serious damage, and three very valuable people of RB have left the team.

Go figure.

Edited by Volator
  • Like 1

Well it is what it is and tbh i rather see Heatblur do a MiG-23MLD because i know they deliver quality.

For me the MiG-23 coming from Razbam feels like a side project just like the MiG-19. 

I like the Mirage, Harrier and F15E but the 19 always felt like it was done by a side project team or something.

Edited by Mainstay
  • Like 6

g8PjVMw.png

On 4/23/2024 at 4:38 PM, Volator said:

I have no insights at all, and since most communication seems to take place in Discords these days, I miss most of the info anyway, but here's what I would assume based on the only facts we really know: RB and ED have publically thrown accusations at each other, their business relationship therefore has taken serious damage, and three very valuable people of RB have left the team.

After the all the public drama between RB and ED, the bridges have been burned. At this point I don't see how any of both sides would want to invest into future projects beyond the already released modules. Also, the leaving of three very relevant people from the RB team probably is a serious blow to the coding side of the MiG-23.

Based on these facts, I consider the RB MiG-23 dead. I would love to be proven wrong though, because I'm seriously craving for a MiG-23ML(A) in DCS and this whole drama desaster and its consequences really sadden me, but seeing the fact that none of the Razbam officials or Overstratos have commented here in months or even more than a year, I also don't expect to hear anything from them.

Hello Volator, thank you for the insight.

Well... I wasn't expecting things to be THAT bad, and sad as it might look, it seems it may go that way (although I hope not).
For much that I appreciate the MiG-23, let's see waht the future brings then.

• Like 2

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

On 4/24/2024 at 5:53 PM, Mainstay said:

Well it is what it is and tbh i rather see Heatblur do a MiG-23MLD because i know they deliver quality.

For me the MiG-23 coming from Razbam feels like a side project just like the MiG-19. 

I like the Mirage, Harrier and F15E but the 19 always felt like it was done by a side project team or something.

+1 man! I always dreamed of a quality 23-MLD by a quality developer. Hope they have an agenda that would allow such a dream and that they could get access to this bird somewhere...MLD version is rare.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

what is happening? can anyone clarify the situation with this module? I was expecting get a Mig-23 Beta close to the F-4 launch but again and again we see certain issues with ED and everything around Russian modules.

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

47 минут назад, pepin1234 сказал:

what is happening? can anyone clarify the situation with this module? I was expecting get a Mig-23 Beta close to the F-4 launch but again and again we see certain issues with ED and everything around Russian modules.

Razbam coders declared they didnt get salary since F-15E release(for whatever reason) and resigned.

• Like 5

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Posted (edited)
2 часа назад, primus_TR сказал:

competent 3rd party, preferably Heat Blur

that's a good one, good joke

Edited by Кош

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

7 минут назад, primus_TR сказал:

Based on what they have achieved with the f14 and now the f4, they qualify as competent,  more than most. 

F14 severely lacked in limitations for a long time, missile employment and missile logic were very wrong for an extended period, half of stuff RIO is supposed to do is still not there. But hey, a good pop culture piece. F-4 advertisments about radar look more mature than F-14 state even now, but we're still yet to see how it shows itself in practice when it gets released.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Кош said:

F14 severely lacked in limitations for a long time, missile employment and missile logic were very wrong for an extended period, half of stuff RIO is supposed to do is still not there. But hey, a good pop culture piece. F-4 advertisments about radar look more mature than F-14 state even now, but we're still yet to see how it shows itself in practice when it gets released.

As all DCS players do,  you also know that every module is a work in progress, and at this time F14 is in an acceptable state; and based on the previews, F4 will be even better. So, if you have a better alternative than HB as a potential developer for Mig23, you should say so.  Will make it easier to understand your view

Edited by primus_TR
Typo
  • Like 4

22 часа назад, primus_TR сказал:

As all DCS players do,  you also know that every module is a work in progress, and at this time F14 is in an acceptable state; and based on the previews, F4 will be even better. So, if you have a better alternative than HB as a potential developer for Mig23, you should say so.  Will make it easier to understand your view

Mirage-2000 rework team was best in terms of avionics imo, indeed seconded by HB. Why not HB - they focus on unimportant but costly features at the expense of simulation quality(I'd prefer the aircraft to not fly at 15 G's and RIO setting IRL missile options and radar modes, than writing on canopy or a music player), they regard limitations as an afterthought and their artwork is... not unquestinable. And ofc HB won't do a redfor module, also I don't know if thirdparties will continue to consider selling content for DCS financially safe. At this point I think that nobody will do technically challenging red modules, and have fears of currently announced and not cancelled third party modules from all devs to be last third party modules on this platform.

• Like 1