No change with 8700k o/c @ 5ghz and 1080ti, 1tb Samsung 960 pro m.2, 64gb ddr3 ram

I'll have to try the DCS repair and see if I see improvement in single player missions.

I do see a huge improvement now, just not in single player. Single player is smoother with less stuttering when low to the ground and rolling, for example, but the framerate is almost identical.  The bit of extra smoothness is noticeable, though. 

But... In multiplayer, I can now fly in a server with 45 other clients connected and the performance is identical to my single player experience. Prior to MT, my multiplayer experience degraded quickly as the client count increased. I could forget about maintaining tally on a bandit in a fight with 30+ players connected to the server, it was more of a stuttering sideshow the higher the player count went. 

Earlier today with 45 players connected, a WWII fight felt like I was in single player, which is a big improvement. And that's consistent with what they've said we would see in this first rollout - about the same performance in single player, but better performance in "heavy" missions and multiplayer missions. There's still more to come, this is just the foundation that they can now build from. 

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

8700K user here, massive improvement in performance. Clean out your shader cache, and run a repair after you install the update.

• Like 2

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

10 hours ago, Sn8ke said:

8700K user here, massive improvement in performance. Clean out your shader cache, and run a repair after you install the update.

Same with my outdated spec: Sabertooth Z77, i7-3770K, 32 RAM, RTX 3770

Very positively suprised. 

Edited by SilentOtto
  • P51-D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk.IX | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst | Anton | Dora | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet |Flaming Cliffs 3
  • Normandy 2 | Channel | Syria | Supercarrier | WWII Assets Pack
  • Hotas Warthdog + Throttle |TPR Pendular rudder| TrackIR | Logitech Flightpanels
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB RAM, RTX3770, 2xLEXAR SSD NM620 1TB

13 hours ago, NineLine said:

Remember the older the CPU the less improvements you may see. Make sure you do repairs and clean out mods. Restart fresh and try DCS with nothing else running. But again, older CPUs may not see as big of a jump. 

After repairing DCS (the long repair option) I just retested.  I first tested the MT exe, then the regular, then MT again to make sure the results were consistent.  I now see an increase in framerate in single player, instead of slightly less frames.  I used to see 10-15% less frames, and now I see about 10% more frames.  The actual numbers were a steady 56-60fps with the regular exe, and a steady 60-65 fps with the MT exe, with some spikes up to 70.  Now I'm looking forward to seeing how much more performance increase I see in multiplayer compared to the already fantastic results I saw last night!

ED has done great work.  A huge undertaking, for sure!  I can't wait to see what comes next 🤟

• Like 1

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

I can’t see any improvement, on an I7 8700k aswell oc af 5ghz & RTX3080ti.
Are you running VR?

Where do you clean your shader cache?

Kind regards

Jorik

Intel i7 8700k 5,0Ghz OC

Nvidia GTX1080Ti

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

HP Reverb Pro

Selfmade Alu Rail 4080 mounts

TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Virpil 100mm extension + Virpil VFX + TM F/A-18 Stick

TM MFD's