Won't load in VR MT with Pimax

Lostaviator

I get the 2 disconnect warnings 10500 and 10600 when i first start pitool also and then after about 30 or 40 seconds it loads up.

I'm guessing you have firmware V2.1.255.299?

I'm trying to find more info but it's hit and miss up here on forum.

Atari 800XL 64K MEMORY 1050 FLOPPY Video GTIA chip 300 baud modem.

On 3/22/2023 at 6:12 AM, Cooler07 said:

I get the 2 disconnect warnings 10500 and 10600 when i first start pitool also and then after about 30 or 40 seconds it loads up.

I'm guessing you have firmware V2.1.255.299?

I'm trying to find more info but it's hit and miss up here on forum.

I have the same issue when I start Pitool as well until the headset runs through start up.  However when I tried to update Pitool and Firmware from V1.0.1.277 and V2.1.255.2002 that is when the headset went into the loop and the power LED flashed red/blue/green and the 10500 warning stayed on.  That when the attached link in my previous post was helpful and had to go into CDM and manually add the patch to fix the headset firmware update.

Cheers

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon

Last DCS update corrected the menu issue but now I have instability in-game every now and then.  The tracking becomes lagy when I switch to map or external and stabilized a while after, very annoying and difficult to reproduce.  Any having these issues?  I am back to SteamVR with the ST version for now. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

10 hours ago, WipeUout said:

Last DCS update corrected the menu issue but now I have instability in-game every now and then.  The tracking becomes lagy when I switch to map or external and stabilized a while after, very annoying and difficult to reproduce.  Any having these issues?  I am back to SteamVR with the ST version for now. 

So normally what I’ll do when I get those random tracking issue is turn on smart smoothing then turn it back off. It normally fixes the issue. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2023 at 7:52 AM, Devil 505 said:

Yes.  Running DCS MT in Steam VR, no PIMAXXR (Open XR).  The 40 to 50 FPS is running 100 times smoother than Open XR.  Just spent 3 hours on a WW2 server with at least 32 people in game.  Dog fights and ground attacks going on.  Never once had an issue and ran very smoothly.  Flew the Spit, Mustang, and P-47. 

Only thing I had running outside of DCS was ReShade, Skype to talk to my buddy, and OBS recording the sim. 

Reshade in VR . Is that correct . I thought reshade don't work in VR . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

18 hours ago, KoN said:

Reshade in VR . Is that correct . I thought reshade don't work in VR . 

Reshade works great in VR.  You have to set the settings with the HMD off because the interface will not show inside VR.  But all filters are applied to the game.  You can tell for sure while flying.

12 hours ago, Devil 505 said:

Reshade works great in VR.  You have to set the settings with the HMD off because the interface will not show inside VR.  But all filters are applied to the game.  You can tell for sure while flying.

So set up as normal on flat screen . then use and it should show in VR also . ? 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

7 hours ago, KoN said:

So set up as normal on flat screen . then use and it should show in VR also . ?

Yes.  This is how I do it.  I usually use several of the splash screens to get a good idea of how it is going to look, then launch a quick mission from the desktop view to check.  If I like it, then I shut the sim down and relaunch using the PIMAX.  For me, I have the option set to have the filter on all the time so I do not need to toggle it on off when the sim starts up.  Just check your settings to make sure it is on when the sim starts and you should be good to go.

• Like 1

I don't think this works with OpenXR . I see no changes.

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

The only Reshade mod working with DCS that I found is ''VRToolkit Reshade'' (https://github.com/retroluxfilm/reshade-vrtoolkit) and it only works in SteamVR.  Seems that OpenXR is not playing well with any post-processing mods, might be because it does its own post-processing and uses the same DLL. 

In any case, DCS-MT with Pimax and OXRTK/PimaxXR is not working very well and very unstable.  I use DCS-ST with SteamVR with Pitool's Foveated Rendering (now working) along with VRToolkit Reshade, it is very stable and offer very good performance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.