MT with motion reprojection always on freezes

bonfor

I have a reverb G2 and I have to have motion reprojection always on.

With single thread I can have that if openvr_api.dll in the bin folder is replaced with that from opencomposite (file size is 1800kb vs 600kb), otherwise the program freezes as soon as it loads.

Now with MT if I replace openvr_api.dll in the bin-mt folder with that from opencomposite I still get the same issue of the program freezing. The issue goes away if motion reprojection is set to automatic, but it just stutters too much.

In fact it looks like DCS just ignores the openvr_api.dll in the bin-mt folder, I can tell because the 4 spheres appear during loading and this does not happens when using opencomposite's openvr_api.dll

Does anyone have any workaround to force DCS to use opencomposite's openvr_api.dll with MT?

On 3/11/2023 at 12:23 PM, bonfor said:

I have a reverb G2 and I have to have motion reprojection always on.

With single thread I can have that if openvr_api.dll in the bin folder is replaced with that from opencomposite (file size is 1800kb vs 600kb), otherwise the program freezes as soon as it loads.

Now with MT if I replace openvr_api.dll in the bin-mt folder with that from opencomposite I still get the same issue of the program freezing. The issue goes away if motion reprojection is set to automatic, but it just stutters too much.

In fact it looks like DCS just ignores the openvr_api.dll in the bin-mt folder, I can tell because the 4 spheres appear during loading and this does not happens when using opencomposite's openvr_api.dll

Does anyone have any workaround to force DCS to use opencomposite's openvr_api.dll with MT?

Yes, currenty looks like MT version ignores OpenVR dll, wait for a fix. Solution is using OpenXR only (even by SteamVR runtime).

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

hace 18 minutos, bonfor dijo:

solved by using openXR tookit. Once I installed that, I can have MR always on even with MT and DCS is using openXR (native).

An advice, use the  original openvr_api.dll that installs DCS, works with better performance than the one downloaded from opencomposite, at least in my rig

• Like 1

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

I have a Reverb G2. I use DCS OpenXR plus forcing motion reproduction in OpenXR ToolKit and it works fine here in both MT and ST.

No need to use OpenComposite anymore, DCS native OpenXr works as well (or better IMHO). Note that Motion Reproduction via the OpenXR Tools for WMR App does not work, DCS ignores the setting.

Edited by Joch1955

vor einer Stunde schrieb Joch1955:

Note that Motion Reproduction via the OpenXR Tools for WMR App does not work, DCS ignores the setting.

That's not correct.

Works here when set in OpenXR Tools for WMR to "always on". As long as you set "Default" in OpenXR Toolkit. "on" or "off" in toolkit would override the setting in OpenXR Tools for WMR. And "Automatic" might only work for MSFS 2020. Toolkit is needed to avoid DCS crashing.

see: https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/other-features.html

from the link above:

Unbenannt.PNG

Edited by Sile
  • Thanks 1

it says that, but when I try MR in game with OpenXR Tools for WMR alone, it does not work. MR for me only works with OpenXR Tool Kit which makes the MR setting in the other App redundant.

Edited by Joch1955