After 2 missions

You can't get tired of this campaign. 
The gameplay is awesome with Mosquito and Reflected took advantage of it. IFF, morse code, radios, searchlights....
Missions are more challenging due to the weather but that's what I was looking for.
I also use EB-6 Computer for calculations of true heading, speed, time,... It's FUN.. FUN and FUN. 👍

I recommend Single Core DCS, because the interior lights are not correct on MT.
Resin lights glow only white. Probably a DCS fault.

So far the scenarios are working. 
In the second mission, the communication overlapped when turn to track 193° (Voiceover with heading 170°...)

Screen_230311_190632.png
Screen_230311_190616.pngScreen_230311_190946.png

Thanks, I’m happy you’re having fun. nice screenshots too!

Voice overs in mission 2 are dependent on locations and zones to make them valid so it’s really hard to deconflict regardless what the player is doing. It’s important you follow Dai’s instructions and make sure you follow magnetic headings, not true headings. 

yeah it’s too bad cockpit lights are broken in mt 😞

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2023 at 4:46 PM, jetsimace said:

@unlikely_spider: thanks! So it's the "E6-B" (e.g. mechanical) flight computer.

Would the "highspeed E6B slide" (< 220 knots) be recommended?
(as Mosquito recommended cruising speed is 240mph while the vanilla E6-B only supports up to ~250mph/220knots)

Sure, you can flip over to whatever side has the cruise speed that you're calculating against. Mine goes to 260 on one side, and 650 on the other side. IIRC the wind wasn't too strong in this mission so you don't need to build in a lot of buffer.

@Reflected - man, what a mission this was. I don't think I hit the target, though I believe my parameters were very close at time of release. Not close enough I guess. I did get hit by flak on the way back and had to cross the channel on just the port engine. So less than ideal, though this was one of the most unique missions I've ever flown in any sim. Awesome job.

Edited by unlikely_spider

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

2 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

@Reflected - man, what a mission this was. I don't think I hit the target, though I believe my parameters were very close at time of release. Not close enough I guess. I did get hit by flak on the way back and had to cross the channel on just the port engine. So less than ideal, though this was one of the most unique missions I've ever flown in any sim. Awesome job.

Thanks, it's quite a challenging one but fun to fly-refly. Now I can hit the target 9 times out of 10 but I flew it a 100 times so I had a chance to practice 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

Air defenses over France seem to be crazy accurate 😞

What strategies do you follow to avoid them at low level?

Like in all my campaigns and other realistic WW2 scenarios, either fly below 10 feet or above 5k, preferably 10. And even then try to cross known flak areas in a fast shallow dive, and change direction every 30 seconds.

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2023 at 10:22 PM, Reflected said:

Like in all my campaigns and other realistic WW2 scenarios, either fly below 10 feet or above 5k, preferably 10. And even then try to cross known flak areas in a fast shallow dive, and change direction every 30 seconds.

Have you found that there's a way to keep your wingman alive when doing so? On mission 3, for me, he invariably gets shot down before the airfield since he flies a bit higher than me when I'm at treetop level. And it seems the German air defense have sent their very best marksmen to cover their operations in this area.

(Not that I've been able to mission 3 yet either - the farthest I've gotten so far is into a wall of 20mm at Boulogne)

Does anyone have video of their strategy in this mission? I don't see any on YouTube yet.

Edited by unlikely_spider

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1