Is it possible (and makes sense) to fly ww2 planes on multiplayer servers without maps and asset pack

HaSen

Hey,
Like I said in the title, I wanna buy mossie (my favourite plane lol) but at the same time, spending additional money on map + ww2 asset pack is too much for me. So, are there any possibilities (mostly multi servers, but not only) to play & enjoy ww2 stuff without huge expences?
TIA

You dont need a map or the assets pack, you just need to find a server that has a Mosquito slot in the mission.

However, most servers run modern scenarios if they dont use the assets pack so while flying the Mosquito there might be possible, be prepared to not really be able to fight a lot of things because of SAMs and stuff. 

15 minutes ago, razo+r said:

You dont need a map or the assets pack, you just need to find a server that has a Mosquito slot in the mission.

However, most servers run modern scenarios if they dont use the assets pack so while flying the Mosquito there might be possible, be prepared to not really be able to fight a lot of things because of SAMs and stuff. 

Yeah i know that, I am just asking specifically about ww2 themed servers... are there any running w/o maps + assets?

btw, sorry for lack of precision in question

52 minutes ago, HaSen said:

I wanna buy mossie (my favourite plane lol) but at the same time, spending additional money on map + ww2 asset pack is too much for me

Wait a bit, there should be a spring sale soon, around the 16th of march.  At the sale try to purchase Normandy 1944, it should be around Us$23, so that later you would be able to upgrade to Normandy 2.0 with a further us$ 15. On sale the mosquito would probably be discounted anyway.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

At the sale try to purchase Normandy 1944, it should be around Us$23, so that later you would be able to upgrade to Normandy 2.0 with a further us$ 15

No, buy The Channel, then Normandy 2.0 when it comes out. That way, you have two maps instead of one. The upgrade deal is the same, price is the same, but Normandy 1944 will not be of much use if you have Normandy 2.0.

• Like 1

I have to choose between buying a mossie + map + assets and buying f16... or maybe sabre? I am kinda interested in old style guns only combat....anyways, there is no chance that mosquito will be on higher discount during autumn sale?

13 minutes ago, HaSen said:

I am kinda interested in old style guns only combat....anyways, there is no chance that mosquito will be on higher discount during autumn sale?

The mosquito is a light bomber, not a guns dogfighter, perhaps the spitfire would be more appropriate?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

15 minutes ago, Draken35 said:

Also this, if you haven't used it already... (not sure if stackable in a sale though)

image.png

I have ka50 and other modules, so :(((

7 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

The mosquito is a light bomber, not a guns dogfighter, perhaps the spitfire would be more appropriate?

You can always strafe ground targets 😛
I am aware of it, I am just making mental shortcuts in my posts....sorry about that. But yeah, I have considered spitfire but I want mosquito more... idk why

1 hour ago, HaSen said:

But yeah, I have considered spitfire but I want mosquito more... idk why

I understand, it is always best to go with aircrafts that really tickles your fancy, as studying it will be much easier than an aircraft that you don't like as much.

However, having the Mosquito without a period map will be a bit frustrating .. and the Spitfire on sale usually goes at 50% off while the Mosquito goes for 30% and also has a $10 higher list price, so I would consider the Spitfire + the channel purchased on a sale to be a better option than flying the Mosquito on modern-day Caucasus. Also, on the New Year sale there was a bundle of the Channel Map + WW2 assets for US$ 35 which was quite attractive 🙂 ... hopefuly ED would repeat that offer on the Sprimg Sale.

Edited by Rudel_chw

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

I understand, it is always best to go with aircrafts that really tickles your fancy, as studying it will be much easier than an aircraft that you don't like as much.

However, having the Mosquito without a period map will be a bit frustrating .. and the Spitfire on sale usually goes at 50% off while the Mosquito goes for 30% and also has a $10 higher list price, so I would consider the Spitfire + the channel purchased on a sale to be a better option than flying the Mosquito on modern-day Caucasus. Also, on the New Year sale there was a bundle of the Channel Map + WW2 assets for US$ 35 which was quite attractive 🙂 ... hopefuly ED would repeat that offer on the Sprimg Sale.

we will see, thanks for your opinion.. You are really helping me!

6 hours ago, HaSen said:

Hey,
Like I said in the title, I wanna buy mossie (my favourite plane lol) but at the same time, spending additional money on map + ww2 asset pack is too much for me. So, are there any possibilities (mostly multi servers, but not only) to play & enjoy ww2 stuff without huge expences?
TIA

4YA https://projectoverlord.co.uk/  - awesome and most occupied MP IIWW2 server. Normandy map. Required modules: WWII Asset Pack and TF-51D (You got it).

On sale: Spitfire or Mustang + Channel map + Normandy2 map + WWII Asset = 25+25+15+15 = 80$

• P51-D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk.IX | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst | Anton | Dora | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet |Flaming Cliffs 3
  • Normandy 2 | Channel | Syria | Supercarrier | WWII Assets Pack
  • Hotas Warthdog + Throttle |TPR Pendular rudder| TrackIR | Logitech Flightpanels
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB RAM, RTX3770, 2xLEXAR SSD NM620 1TB