Visual stuttering "lagging" planes contacts

I noticed visual bug (stuttering "lagging planes contacts") in MP, specially when they are further away but still in visual range. That is not present in non MT version. I noticed that on all servers, no matter how busy they are and in non MT version all is OK.

• Like 3

I've experienced the same. It's as if a distant model LOD is moving at 15 FPS across the screen. As the aircraft gets closer, the 'slow mo' stutter effect goes away. We will need to provide tracks, of course. But for now, it is very easy and obvious to test: Just start a mission with an aircraft 15+ miles out in front of and flying perpendicular to you so you can clearly track its movement, and you'll see it very clearly. 

• Like 1

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I just learned something else. I was flying over the Caucasus and noticed that a train in the distance was doing the same 'stop-start' stutter movement until I got close to it. You might rename your thread here to make it a little more descriptive of the issue...

• Like 1

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I noticed this when flying in a 6 ship formation. I could also see the "stutter" on that aircrafts TAD.

So it looked like that if the AI that is greater than X distance away they get updated less frequently, maybe an optimisation to save CPU cycles. 

This is flying a solo mission offline in the A-10C II.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Onslott said:

if its confirmed to be internally fixed, just push it out!

No, it's not that simple. The fix needs to be merged first, and this step is not always as easy as "copy-paste". This one isn't.

I'm sure all MT-specific bugs will be solved at some point. In the meantime, If you really can't stand MT bugs, feel free to use ST instead.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.