Mission 3 hangs at show of force

I've tried this mission 4 times and every time it gets to the instructions to use F10 to choose whether I fly the show of force or Smoke does, it just hangs with those instructions on the screen. They don't go away and it won't let me select the comms menu.

What am I doing wrong?

image.jpeg

Edited by dporter22

By "hangs," you mean you can't advance the mission or DCS freezes and won't respond? I just flew this using single thread in the current OB without skipping the first part of the mission and it worked fine for me. Pretty sure I used the \ key to bring up the coms menu to select F10. You might check your key bindings to make sure nothing is conflicting with the coms menu or F10. Assuming DCS isn't crashing, If you start the mission from the tanker, and quit after encountering the problem, your track file might be small enough to post here which could be helpful.

Also, if you find your way past that issue, It's probably best to do everything yourself so Smoke doesn't wander off to Iran.

Edited by Roosterfeet

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

Thanks.  I mean I'm not able to do anything because the message never goes away and it disables my "\" key so I can't bring up the comms menu. Nothing wrong with key bindings and DCS is not crashing, it simply gets to that point and won't let me continue.

And I never get an option to start at the tanker. 

Any other ideas?

Edited by dporter22

A few seconds after the start of the mnullission you should be able to bring up the coms menu select "F10. Other" then "F1. Skip first part." That should start you with full fuel behind the tanker. Hopefully the track file will be short enough to post. I really think that would help. Other than that. Make sure you have "easy communications" and "Presets: no force from mission, use mine" disabled. Uninstall all mods including Viacom or Voice Attack. Run a full repair after uninstalling mods. Also don't touch the backspace key, that apparently can mess with scripting for some reason.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Tried 3 times, same thing.

Easy comm and Presets unchecked, nothing wrong with DCS, no crashes, no error messages, no keybind issues, every other module/mission/campaign works normally. Everything works up until it gives me the instructions for the show of force, then the message stays there and I'm not able open the comms menu.

Track file attached.

Thanks for checking.

mission3.trk

Just took control of your track and confirmed that "\" does not work. I was able to proceed though. Try this. Bind keys or a HOTAS button to "COMM Switch - COMM 1 (call radio menu)" and "COMM Switch - COMM 2 (call radio menu)." Use one of those keys to open the comms menu.

Now that I think about it, I may have used a COMM Switch Key yesterday as well.

• 2 weeks later...

This is very weird. I'll have a closer look at R1 for the next (May) update, no time for April (troubleshooting missions that used to work but get broken with every other update takes waay to much of my time anyway). Thanks for the track and the report. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 3:16 AM, dporter22 said:

Copy, will try. 

Very strange bug. I wonder how "\" could work normally in all other situations, including the same mission up to that point.

the "\" key alone only works in easy communications or on the ground when in full communication setting (in full communication it works as an ICS menu in most planes not a radio). Why it works on the carrier.

you need to press "RALT+\" for COMM1 and "RCtrl +\" for COMM2 on the F18. The same keys are usually used for the primary radio and secondary radio on every planes as far as I saw

Missions 1 and 2 worked fine for me. I just tried to run mission 3 with Easy communication off and it is still not working. Just FYI the same issue is occurring in missions 4-6.

VR Oculus 1, Alienware Aurora R11, Windows 10, Intel I9, CPU 3.7, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB, 2 TB HDD/1TB SSD, Thrustmaster F18 Add On Stick, Thrustmaster TWCS throttle, older than dirt Toshiba monitor, Alienware 510 headphones. 

This my fault for not reading the work-around more carefully. I've turned off Easy Communications and mapped the Call Radio Menu to my joystick (and VA) instead of Communications Menu and I'm in Mission 6 with no communications issues.

This is my 5th campaign and it is absolutely the best. 

VR Oculus 1, Alienware Aurora R11, Windows 10, Intel I9, CPU 3.7, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB, 2 TB HDD/1TB SSD, Thrustmaster F18 Add On Stick, Thrustmaster TWCS throttle, older than dirt Toshiba monitor, Alienware 510 headphones. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...