Mission 2 AI pilot behavior

In mission 2, I'm not sure if this is a bug but the AI pilot while doing parade formation is all over the place with altitude. He's constantly jerking up and down 20 to 100 feet at a time. even in the turns. Is there a setting for his skill level or are we at the mercy of the AI logic?

Can confirm I’m seeing the same. I thought it was my sloppy flying at first. I can’t get a better grade than unsat. Watched some walkthroughs and the AI seemed fine in previous versions. Hopefully the next patch smoothens it out again

On 3/27/2023 at 8:21 PM, Godric said:

In mission 2, I'm not sure if this is a bug but the AI pilot while doing parade formation is all over the place with altitude. He's constantly jerking up and down 20 to 100 feet at a time. even in the turns. Is there a setting for his skill level or are we at the mercy of the AI logic?

It does not happen to me. Perhaps you have some mods installed?

Deleting the mods did help. But now the last part of the mission appears to be bugged or I missed something. I successfully tanked, received an average grade. but after being told to reform right and RTB. The AI lead just stays on the wing of the tanker and follows through his orbit. Is there another step? Did i take too much fuel and bug the mission? or should I just RTB by my self?

On 4/4/2023 at 8:54 AM, Reflected said:

They say if you shoot down the Tanker, AI Paco wakes up 🙂

Same thing just happened to me. FYI, there's no ammo, and ramming didn't work. It just reset the mission and reloaded... without ammo...