Thrustmaster Warthog question

Hi guys

is there anyway to set 2 functions to the 3 switches at the bottom of throttle thrustmaster warthog?

like if i flick them up they do whatever i assigned them to do but if i flick them down they dont do anything and there is no way in dcs to add a function for down flick? Like if i flick it up i want it to do function 1 and if i flick it down i want it to turn that same function off. It could be any function just talking generally. 

Thank you

Two ways I can think of....first is in DCS Binding which allows you to set Button OFF as a binding....for example...landing gear...find the Gear Up control and bind that to flipping the EAC (left switch) ARM. Take note of the DX button number it senses. Then go to Gear Down and manually set that to the same DX button number but the 'OFF' version in the drop down list.

Other way, which is what I do, is program the throttle using Target Software from Thrustmaster (I use scripts but the GUI works) so that flipping switch up create one DX button press and flipping it down creates a different one...then bind them as normal.

Other ways to so this would be using something like Joystick Gremlin software etc.

• Thanks 1

Not sure exactly what you want, but you could change the joystick default.lau like so:

{ down = electric_commands.NVS_MODE_KNOB_EXT, up = electric_commands.NVS_MODE_KNOB_EXT, cockpit_device_id = devices.ELEC_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('PLT NVS MODE Switch - OFF<>NORM'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('NVS Mode Panel')}},

or

{ down = electric_commands.NVS_MODE_KNOB_EXT, up = electric_commands.NVS_MODE_KNOB_EXT, cockpit_device_id = devices.ELEC_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('PLT NVS MODE Switch - NORM<>FIXED'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('NVS Mode Panel')}},

Edited by Nevyn

Yes, Nevyn, but the thing is that DCS is now different, better - you no longer need to program those "else" commands for yourself in Lua files (like those you wrote above). There's this new "JOY_BTN_XX_OFF" feature in DCS, which makes "else" commands virtually obsolete. On top of that, "else" commands tend to "fall asleep", while with "BUTTON_OFF" - these seem not to do it (or at least I haven't caught them fallen asleep so far), so the latter seem better.
A too long post about it is here:

Edited by scoobie
  • Thanks 1

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

{cockpit_device_id = devices.ECM_INTERFACE, down = ecm_commands.ThreeBtn, up = ecm_commands.ThreeBtn, value_down = 0, value_up = 1, name = _('ECM 3 Button - Released else Depressed (2-way Switch)'), category = {_('ECM Pod Control Panel'), _('Custom')}},
		{cockpit_device_id = devices.ECM_INTERFACE, down = ecm_commands.ThreeBtn, up = ecm_commands.ThreeBtn, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = _('ECM 3 Button - Depressed else Released (2-way Switch)'), category = {_('ECM Pod Control Panel'), _('Custom')}},

That's essentially how it's done. It will add items in 'Custom for Joystick' in the dropdown for your aircraft. The 'Released else Depressed' functionality essentially makes it so the desired switch is on a 'hold' of the control so the (stupidly wired) 3-way switches on the Warthog have a 'middle' position set to 'do nothing'. I'm probably explaining this terribly, but it's like if you had to hold a key on your keyboard to keep the switch in the position you want it. The middle position on the 3-way switches on the Warthog are 'no input' so it's like you lifted a key on your keyboard. The same is true for the 2-way switches (two on the bottom left) - they only have one wired input (up position) so you have to make that into a 'hold key' function and then putting it in the down releases the key as there's no longer an input.

I personally mapped my two 2-ways on the bottom to the tank depressurization for refueling and the refueling door. The 3-way on the bottom is my alt/att AP switch.