Flap Indicator does not show flaps at 30 degrees

Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

When using keyboard commands or my HOTAS to lower flaps to the full down position, the flap indicator gauge only shows flaps at approximately 20 degrees.

I have checked my control mapping and there are no duplicates or issues that I can see.

Has anyone else noticed this?

A-10C II Flap Lever Approach.png

A-10C II Flap Lever Down.png

A-10C II Flaps Down.png

53 minutes ago, Chops said:

Well as we can see from the picture of the flaps, the physical position seems to be beyond 21 degrees.  I understand that the manual says 21 degrees.  Maybe the flap animation is off in the game.

I believe the flap angle measures the angle of the flap from its original position, not the angle compared to the wing chord (which I think is the more traditional definition).  Since the wing is so heavily cambered already, it's actually not as big an angle as it looks.  It's pretty much the angle between the section ahead of the white stripe and the section aft of the white stripe

Yeah it looks like its further with the mark 1 eyeball... but the engineers said that the mechanism at the point it is measured rotates 21 degrees from the point where it started. So that's what the indicator shows. Its largely academic because the flaps can't stop in intermediate positions. They are either MVR, DN or have mechanically failed someplace in between in which case you should probably flip the emergency flaps retract switch. 

Edited by ASAP