Feedback Thread F-14 Tomcat - Update April 13th 2023

IronMike

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't select the Reforger II campaign - I can see it listed, but when i click it nothing happens, no details on the right or any way to proceed.  I've tried repairing DCS, but this doesn't change anything. 

Also has the update changed anything to do with deleting objects in the mission editor?  I'm currently playing Fear the Bones, and before I start any mission I have to go into the mission editor in the briefings to delete static objects to make it playable in VR.  Now when I select objects I can't remove them with the Delete key any more.  Strange.

[EDIT]Confirmed with starting other campaigns too, I can no longer delete static objects around the base in the mission editor during briefings.  This makes it quite unplayable when cold starting for me 😞 

Edited by Black Assassin

i9-9900KF @ 3.6ghz ; 32gb RAM @ 3600mhz; Gigabyte RTX 2080 8gb ; TMWarthog ; TM rudder ; HTC Vive

14 hours ago, Black Assassin said:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't select the Reforger II campaign - I can see it listed, but when i click it nothing happens, no details on the right or any way to proceed.  I've tried repairing DCS, but this doesn't change anything. 

Do you have the Syria map?  I believe it's required for the new campaign.

11 minutes ago, WarthogOsl said:

Do you have the Syria map?  I believe it's required for the new campaign.

That would be it!  Thankyou!!

Does anybody else have the problem deleting static objects from the briefings-->mission editor  of pre-made missions?  If I start in the mission editor and load missions from there, I can delete objects but not if I'm accessing it from the briefing screen before a mission.  I know a lot of mission makers like to make their bases nice and populated but in VR on my rig it's a slideshow unfortunately.

i9-9900KF @ 3.6ghz ; 32gb RAM @ 3600mhz; Gigabyte RTX 2080 8gb ; TMWarthog ; TM rudder ; HTC Vive

9 hours ago, Black Assassin said:

If I start in the mission editor and load missions from there, I can delete objects but not if I'm accessing it from the briefing screen before a mission.

You can't delete objects in mission planner afaik.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

19 hours ago, draconus said:

You can't delete objects in mission planner afaik.

I didn't know that, it's wierd that I've been able to do it up until this update.  Only static objects, ammo, and humans etc.  It is absolutely necessary for VR with my setup unfortunately, otherwise those missions with populated airbases and carrier decks make it impossible to play on the ground for me.  I seem to remember accidentally deleting aircraft which had waypoints on occasion, and having to restart the mission/ planner screen to avoid any mission-breaking situations.  But yeah I usually start with very minimal static objects at my starting position.

Maybe it was a bug all this time that it allowed people to do it, and now it's fixed so to speak?!?

It would be hugely appreciated if this was allowed again in some way.

Edited by Black Assassin

1 hour ago, Black Assassin said:

I didn't know that, it's wierd that I've been able to do it up until this update.  Only static objects, ammo, and humans etc.  It is absolutely necessary for VR with my setup unfortunately, otherwise those missions with populated airbases and carrier decks make it impossible to play on the ground for me.  I seem to remember accidentally deleting aircraft which had waypoints on occasion, and having to restart the mission/ planner screen to avoid any mission-breaking situations.  But yeah I usually start with very minimal static objects at my starting position.

Maybe it was a bug all this time that it allowed people to do it, and now it's fixed so to speak?!?

It would be hugely appreciated if this was allowed again in some way.

That would be new to me that you can delete objects from the mission planner, but I may be mistaken, I never tried. To make that possible would be a request for ED though please, we have no influence on that.

However, modifying and saving the mission itself is something I would advice, because then you can keep a copy and you do not have to do it before every mission again when you want to refly one. Just make sure to place a copy or make a new one (should the mission get updated), after every patch. If you prepare your copy in the correct folder structure matching your main game install, it is as quick as a simple drag and drop then. 🙂

for example: "my missions\mods\aircraft\f14\missions\quickstart\your modified mission"

You can do that for all aircraft and mission subfolders then in which you modify them, and simply drop the "mods" folder from your mission folder to the main install and replace existing.

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

2 hours ago, Black Assassin said:

It is absolutely necessary for VR with my setup unfortunately, otherwise those missions with populated airbases and carrier decks make it impossible to play on the ground for me.

What? Who does that? With your hardware you don't have to. Maybe your settings are way overdone?

I never deleted objects from missions, even when I used GTX970 in VR!

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Awesome Tomcat update ! I appreciate the hard work put into this beast. One thing I would love is just hair or two more afterburner sound in the cockpit. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

7 minutes ago, Burt said:

One thing I would love is just hair or two more afterburner sound in the cockpit. 

There's option for that in the audio tab.

1 hour ago, draconus said:

There's option for that in the audio tab.

I think I know what option your talking about I'll double check but sometimes you can hear alittle more roar when in full throttle/afterburners. I'll recheck my settings, thx

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Quick question regarding the new Campaign: How can i fly with with a human rio in "coop" (Only 1 human jet, so to sasy but human pilot + human rio)

Edited by MarkP

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

On 4/20/2023 at 10:32 PM, MarkP said:

Quick question regarding the new Campaign: How can i fly with with a human rio in "coop" (Only 1 human jet, so to sasy but human pilot + human rio)

Unfortunately you cannot. You can always make a wingman coop jet, and 2 folks can fly in it, but the "player" aircraft has the missions tailored by a lot of Jester automation, and occupying the rear seat would break the process.

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

3 hours ago, IronMike said:

Unfortunately you cannot. You can always make a wingman coop jet, and 2 folks can fly in it, but the "player" aircraft has the missions tailored by a lot of Jester automation, and occupying the rear seat would break the process.

Bummer, The first campaign was awesome as multicrew.

Thanks for the answer!

• Like 1

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

Something seems to be up with the second mission of the new campaign. As soon as you’re on station you get a call for the mig29s, which are not there. Then once the mig 21s pop up jester cannot get a lock on them, even <25 mi nose on. Finally, once you get to the forward cap station you sit and loiter forever since the migs never show up, and once you get the rtb call after they despawn, the tanker bas already landed so there is no way for a mission complete lol. I love the campaigns and I understand there’s always some bugs so just trying to bring them up incase anyone else finds these issues! 

Also I did fly the cap and route to a T so I do not think it was a user error trigger issue. 

21 minutes ago, 1Batz said:

I love the campaigns and I understand there’s always some bugs so just trying to bring them up incase anyone else finds these issues! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'd like to report a bug on mission number 2 (Campaign Flanking the Bear-Mission 2 Proportional response)...

Even following very closely all the orders and briefings, as sson as I leave CAP station to intercept the Migs 29 inbound heading 240, nothing happens, I can´t find them on radar nor RWR and neither the awacs can... besides Venom flight receives an "mission sucess RTB" way too soon... please verify and fix it!

Thanks!