Mirrors, moving map and cockpit language bug in MT VR

twanmal

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this helps troubleshooting, but I am also experiencing the issue of having a Russian cockpit even though I've selected English.

I was previously unaffected by this bug. However, it started affecting me when I began flying the second mission of the Mi-24 Border campaign that was released with the latest open beta update. I was not affected flying the first mission but I did close DCS between the first and second missions. The livery workaround works for instant action but not in the campaign as only one livery is permitted.

I tried a dcs repair and deleting the mods/aircraft/mi-24 cockpit file followed by a repair without any improvement.

Just wanted to share in case this helps.

Edit: Confirm it affects multi-thread only. When i use the regular version, the issue goes away.

Edited by phtate0830
Updated information in which DCS version bug affects.
  • Thanks 1

echoing @phtate0830 - I can consistently reproduce this in the mi-24 border campaign (missions 2 and 3 at least), and it only affects me when running Multi-threaded and in VR in this campaign.   It does not affect me when running multithreaded VR in multiplayer, instant action, etc. 

busted_mi24_stuff.png

Edited by Gordy
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 11:51 AM, Flappie said:

Yes, that is already stated in the internal report.

Looks like you replicated it and reported it to the team back in June. I realize it’s a minor bug but it’s been 3 months. Is there a larger issue? Can’t play the Hind in VR w/out MT and this bug prevents me from playing the campaign or any mission where I air start or -like the campaign- have no choices for liveries to change 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 10:19 AM, Flappie said:

No idea. I bumped the report one week ago, by the way.

Doesn't this bug seem like be present too long as not fixed yet? 😉

I don't want to rush the Team, but we all know that Hind will get a nice update soon with a new crew body and ... the clock 😁 ok, but what about this map problem?

Pls to add solution in this patch too, its quite important I suppose.

After loading:

FiuM05t.jpg

Reloading skin (rearm, refuel)

CduIFzU.jpg

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

As long as there is a fix and it’s on the way! Can’t play the campaign b/c it won’t let me select a new livery (only one available for campaign) It’s not the lack of mirrors or moving map as I rarely use either….it’s the damned forced Russian cockpit. I don’t know the hind well enough to alway know which switch is what.

so, thank you for bumping this and getting it fixed

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Byzantine_SK said:

This was fixed with 2.9!!!

Yes, it was fixed already, Im happy too 😎!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro