A10c II GAU-8/A and Unguided rocket training mission BUG

eror85

Hi

I would like to report a bug. In the A10c II GAU-8/A and Unguided rocket training mission, when i should deselect stations for the rockets, nothing happened, and the mission is stuck. I tried two times.

Ill attach a screenshot.a10c2 rkt training bug.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Guys, you are right. I fixed this problem! The weapon rack placements he refers to were from the older A10 Training. So, I used the Mission Editor to edit the payload so that it coincided with the training. Now when I deactivate the 2 racks just before launching rockets, the trainers yellow squares go away and the training continues. As far as naming the edited .miz, first save it with whatever name you want, but it needs to ultimately have exactly the same name as original, so back up the original (I usually just add .orig to the end of the filename), then rename the edited filename to what the original was.

I've been making videos of all of the A10CII training (just for the fun of it, not as content to make money!), and I am editing the Guns and Rockets video to show this correction, I'll be posting it soon.

Edited by bworld1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, bworld1 said:

then rename the edited filename to what the original was

Quick note of caution, the DCS updater can restore the original file (ie replace yours) with any update, and when you run a DCS repair, this is pretty much guaranteed to restore the original file.

Basically, no need to back up the original file, and all the more reason to back up your edited version. 😉

Edited by Yurgon

By the way, I also noticed that the moving trucks were not moving, I think by the time I got there they were done. I checked the mission editor and sure enough, the 2 moving trucks are activated at mission start, 9:00:00. I have had to do a lot of late activations when flying the Sidewinder mission by setting up my own trigger zones so that the Ford A10 group didn't activate until I entered a zone near them. I did the same thing here except there already is a range zone. Besides activating them when I enter the range zone, I also set up a Morse code sound and a message stating that the moving trucks were activated, so I know that the action occurred. Much better, they now attempt to travel through the 14 waypoints, of course they don't get too far because of me, hahaha!

• Like 1