NVG visible mask around NVG circle

Brainfreeze

Since the last 2 updates putting NVGs on shows a black pixelated square mask around the NVG circle. quite horrible.

Using Varjo Areo and OpenXR in MT.   Can't screenshot and not visible on headset view window on screen...only under the hood  

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

On 5/4/2023 at 9:11 AM, Bones478 said:

@Brainfreeze I found a band aid for the issue. Search for Taz NVG mod. Then you can edit the LUA file and get ride if the ring. If you need help with the LUA let me know. On my phone right now. 

Hi,  can you help by putting in links here and the line you edited?  Thks

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

• 1 month later...

I am also experiencing this issue. With foveated rendering the night vision circle is rendered where my eyesight is. There is a square that follows your eye tracking around normally that is hard to see but the night vision ring is EXTREMELY obvious in that regard. Would love for this to get fixed as the Night Vision is broken for foveated rendering users atm.

On 5/4/2023 at 2:11 AM, Bones478 said:

@Brainfreeze I found a band aid for the issue. Search for Taz NVG mod. Then you can edit the LUA file and get ride if the ring. If you need help with the LUA let me know. On my phone right now. 

do you have info on the LUA edit needed?

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Same here.  Also happening with Quest Pro.

• Like 1

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

2 hours ago, Heidi said:

I tried it but with no improving or solution to my problem..

??  Don't understand either what is your problem or what the mod doesn't solve

Edited by Brainfreeze

If you're not using Render Mode 0 and you are using DFR you'll have the annoying moving NVG box slaved to your eyes.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

25 minutes ago, zildac said:

If you're not using Render Mode 0 and you are using DFR you'll have the annoying moving NVG box slaved to your eyes.

true if you have foveated rendering (aero). not sure how it show with other headsets.   Still, mode 0 / full screen makes it totally useable if not realistic

• Like 1

I am in mode 0 and I get no mask moving around.  The all screen is in NVG mode and focussed.  Running MT beta version. 

Edited by Brainfreeze

22 hours ago, Brainfreeze said:

I am in mode 0 and I get no mask moving around.  The all screen is in NVG mode and focussed.  Running MT beta version. 

I tried in all the 3 setting but I'm still seeing this artifact

I dunno what else I can do..it's not impossible deal with it..it is just annoying..

Èdit maybe i'm doing something wrong..

static const int RenderMode = 0;    <--- this is the line that I've to modify right?

image.png.e80b9fbcf6c4b5f9bce397b269ebff9f.png

Edited by Heidi

10 minutes ago, Heidi said:

I tried in all the 3 setting but I'm still seeing this artifact

I dunno what else I can do..it's not impossible deal with it..it is just annoying..

Èdit maybe i'm doing something wrong..

static const int RenderMode = 0;    <--- this is the line that I've to modify right?

image.png.e80b9fbcf6c4b5f9bce397b269ebff9f.png

That's correct. How did you install the MOD? Mod manager or file copy? And you're using an Aero?

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

4 minutes ago, Heidi said:

Varjo Aero

There's no reason at all why it should be doing that in that case. Assuming you’ve also recalibrated eye tracking? Can you do a slow clean/repair and try this archive it's already in OVGME format, and has Render Mode 0 set

Tacca-NVG-14.zip