Emergency Gear deployment

The_Tau

Hello,

Is there any emergency gear deployment procedure in case of lack of hydro pressure? 

I thought that in this situation gear should deploy under its own weight and if its stubborn then rocking wings should help gear get lowered in lock position.

But in DCS it doesnt seem to happen, gear gets stuck halfway and no rocking or hand pumping would do anything to help gear get lowered

Am I missing something?

On the left side of the cockpit there is a manual lever that you can use to pump hydraulic pressure until the gear goes down completely.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, peachmonkey said:

for more info check out Chuck's P47 guide

Yes, but the OP said that operating the pump does not solve the issue of the landing gear not deploying fully.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

36 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, but the OP said that operating the pump does not solve the issue of the landing gear not deploying fully.

yup, I realize that, will test it tonight. This emergency procedure helps when the hydraulic pump goes out. However, if the hydraulic lines are severed it won't help much, at least that's how I understand it.

edit: re-read his post, yup, no hydraulic pressure, so this pump thingie won't work. Why it doesn't extend under its own weight I have no idea..

Edited by peachmonkey
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 12:01 AM, peachmonkey said:

will need to simulate a hydraulic failure (in ME), and try to lower the gear, then attach a track and summon @NineLine  😄

I did just that.

@NineLine your input?

Marianas mission, after 1 min hyd failure is enabled and you can see hyd pressure going to 0 in cockpit. 

Gear doesnt deploy fully in emergency, even with hand pump and flaps neutral.

Interesting that flying upside down, allows you to retract gear and even lock it in place. I guess good to know

P47 gear no hyd.trk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...