Can we go back to the old flight model for the Huey....

StreakerSix

23 hours ago, Tim_Fragmagnet said:

here's a timestamped video example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cUXsCmi9Uc&t=136s

Terrific video. Thank you for sharing it. It's often hard explaining to folk that the movements required are as fine as they are and if the setup has any kind of stiction, or a centre deadzone, it makes realistic / precise flying difficult. 

Edited by Dogmanbird
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 2:15 PM, CHPL said:

@StreakerSix

[game drive]\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\FM
File: FMOptions.lua
Open with Text Editor, 2nd Line:
New_engine_model = true
change to:
New_engine_model = false

I have tried changing this line but I keep getting a message that I don't have permission to change this file when I try and save it. How do I go about changing the permissions? I am Admin on my computer.

This is my last hope before giving up on the Huey until this issue has been resolved.

On 6/14/2023 at 11:01 PM, lurch13 said:

I have tried changing this line but I keep getting a message that I don't have permission to change this file when I try and save it. How do I go about changing the permissions? I am Admin on my computer.

This is my last hope before giving up on the Huey until this issue has been resolved.

Works for me. 

Huey in the air, Spitfire in the hangar 🙂

The last version of OpenBeta (all terrains)

MFG Crosswind V2; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; TrackIR 5

On 6/14/2023 at 5:01 PM, lurch13 said:

Use Notepad++ Run it in Admin Mode after install without DCS running change it and hit save. https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/

• Thanks 2

Does anyone have the old FM working on Steam? 

Tried the LUA edit but it doesn't seem to work. 

TIA

Mike.

Sorted, was a problem with my editing.

Edited by Mike145
Now works

GE Wings2.jpg           AMD Ryzen 5, 16 GB DDR4, AMD XFX Radeon RX590 8GB, 27" curved Samsung monitor.

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2023 at 10:15 PM, CHPL said:

@StreakerSix

[game drive]\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\FM
File: FMOptions.lua
Open with Text Editor, 2nd Line:
New_engine_model = true
change to:
New_engine_model = false

Will this break integrity check for multiplayer?

The new flight model for the Huey is really a turn-off.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Volator:

Will this break integrity check for multiplayer?

The new flight model for the Huey is really a turn-off.

No. It will work fine in multiplayer.

• Thanks 2

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2023 at 5:10 PM, Tim_Fragmagnet said:

Helicopter controls as a whole are extremely sensitive on pretty much every helicopter, including the huey.
here's a timestamped video example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cUXsCmi9Uc&t=136s

This video is heavily misleading for DCS! In DCS we don't have any civilian light weight and fuel consumption optimized helicopter types! Civilian helicopter types are built very differently compared to military types. The payload for weapons alone is more than a ton in most cases, put the much larger fuel tanks, heavy duty engines and gears, armored cockpits and all the other mil-standard enhancements into account. Let's take 16 hellfires on an Apache for example, this is like having a team of 16 cheerleaders on board a relatively small machine. There is no way a military helicopter acts like he wanted to demonstrate in this video.

Edited by RealDCSpilot

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules