Access files (mission, replay) from other drive than C:

darkman222
Go to solution Solved by speed-of-heat,

I move the replays I want to keep in a synced drive on drive D :

Also my missions are created on that drive (and saved via sync)

The mission editor gives the option to switch to drive D. Of course I can start missions loading them into the ME. But for replays it does not work. And for just playing missions its not convenient.

Is there any way to switch the mission load and the replay load menu to drive D :

image.png

Edited by darkman222

3 minutes ago, darkman222 said:

Is there any way to switch the mission load and the replay load menu to drive D :

In my opinion, the simplest way would be to move the whole c:/users/your-user/saved games/ folder to a D:/saved games/ folder, using this procedure:

of course, this would move not only the missions and tracks, but also the dcs config, control bindings, log book, etc.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I mean I know I could that. But it'll probably move the saved game folder for other games that I dont want to have it on D.

This seems like an over complicated action for just accessing replays and missions (I dont want to edit but just play) from D.

If the checkbox "folder browser" was on every DCS file dialogue there would not be any issue here. Or even if I could edit that the default drive DCS has to look into is D instead of C.

Edited by darkman222

On 5/26/2023 at 6:17 PM, speed-of-heat said:

create a symbolic directory link ...

Thanks a lot. That worked perfect. Its a shame we have to trick DCS to look onto another drive than just  having the "folder browser" checkbox in every file dialogue.

I used that link: https://www.howtogeek.com/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

And used the Graphal Tool , Link shell exension. (Just skip to this part) https://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

Then pick the folder on drive D as source and paste it as symbolic link in the user/missions directory. ( re means right klick)

02.jpg

01.jpg

Edited by darkman222
  • Like 1