Commandline option to start VR including a separate VR preset for settings

shagrat

As per title add the option to call DCS.exe --enforceVR --preset_# where # is the corresponding preset.

This would allow an easy switch between 2D Desktop mode and VR mode with each mode using its own optimized settings and no need to restart after changing the preset and force VR mode.

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Have you tried dcs.exe -w profile_name where profile_name is name of the folder under Saved Games? That way you can have different settings by using a few different shortcuts for different profiles.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

That's what I am doing, but it still creates an additional DCS saved games instance, where you need to hardlink controller configs, have a new missions folder etc.

We already have presets, and a separate settings tab for VR specific stuff that is used when we "force_enable_VR". The simple solution to easily switch between DCS on 2D Desktop and VR Headset would be to launch DCS with --force_ enable_VR plus set one of the graphics presets along with it. If I open DCS in Desktop mode I can adjust the graphics settings, my controls while looking at my smartphone or a screenshot and save it into the prese for VR.

If I fly  in VR later everything is set and adjusted, without fighting with see through in my Headset and adjusting stuff half blind on the keyboard and mouse.

Icing on the cake may be a separate VR settings profile and game settings tab.

In essence we need two buttons, one to launch in Desktop mode with Desktop settings, still being able to setup the game and graphics for VR without touching the "normal" settings and another button that launches DCS in VR with all the VR settings from graphics, game settings to audio, without messing with the normal settings.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)