MGRS Conversion Issue

AngryViper.101
Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

Hi

Please remind me.

When I communicate with JTAC, and obtain coordinates: CP 8173 3194

I go through all the steps, and enter on CNVRT, but then receive a strange ICP screen?

(See third screenshot below)

Is this perhaps due to the GRID : 31N, I am currently on the Persian Gulf Map - how do I find the correct GRID reference - is this perhaps the problem?

image.png

null

nullimage.png

What do I do now?

image.png

null

image.png

i7-11800H @ 2.30GH | 16Gb 3200MHz | GeForce RTX 3060 | Samsung 1TB SSD | KINGSTON 520GB SSD

• Solution

Incorrect grid zone designator (GZD). 31N would be near N0°E0°.

GZDs are very large, and the one that encompasses most of the PG map is 40R (next closest 'CP' grid square would be hundreds of miles away). You can check the GZDs on the F10 map and switching the coordinate format to MGRS.

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Hi

Thanks for the reply, but how do I know which grid / where to see 40R?

Forgive me, I am a casual player.

17 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

Incorrect grid zone designator (GZD). 31N would be near N0°E0°.

GZDs are very large, and the one that encompasses most of the PG map is 40R (next closest 'CP' grid square would be hundreds of miles away). You can check the GZDs on the F10 map and switching the coordinate format to MGRS.

Hi, please see my reply in post below. I need a bit of a reminder on how to accurately, know which grid zone to pick on the F10 map?
Thank you

i7-11800H @ 2.30GH | 16Gb 3200MHz | GeForce RTX 3060 | Samsung 1TB SSD | KINGSTON 520GB SSD

15 hours ago, AngryViper.101 said:

I notice if I 'click' on that 40 R CP 823 .... coordinates, it changes to different formats.

You can also cycle between those format by pressing CTRL+Y (CTRL+Z on some different language keyboards).

• Thanks 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg