Sinai Map, Stable Release Expected Date?

AngryViper.101
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Hi

I purchased the Sinai map, but alas, I only have the Stable version installed.

when +- will the 2.8.6 (I think that is the version) version be released to the Stable version of DCS World, so that I can fly the Sinai map?

thank you!

Cheers,

AngryViper.101

Edited by AngryViper.101

i7-11800H @ 2.30GH | 16Gb 3200MHz | GeForce RTX 3060 | Samsung 1TB SSD | KINGSTON 520GB SSD

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi, 

as soon as the teams are happy it is ready for the stable update it will happen, but currently we have no date for that. It obviously depends on the whole of DCS and its stability in open beta, we are currently gathering data and fixing issues that have been found. 

thank you for your patience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal

On 6/27/2023 at 2:45 PM, PunchOut said:

just switch to open beta.  there's really no reason to be on stable version. 

I'm sorry, but that is just not true.

Every software that wants to be taken seriously needs to be stable, and customers need to be able to use that. If you only had beta software out there, you would in fact be selling unstable bugged software. That just doesn't make any sense. It's a matter of principle.

It is in fact a bit of a plague that everyone seems to have the mindset like "oh just use beta, it will be fine, who cares about bugs". Why? Just so you can get new toys a little bit faster? Not everyone is highly experienced with all the modules to deal with bugs. And reading through the OpenBeta change logs, there sure are lot of them - which is fine, it's beta. But there needs to be stable too and people should be encouraged to use it.

This "I want my toys NOW" mentality needs to stop.

• Like 1

He didn't say ED should drop stable version and you're free to use it if you wish of course. The fact is, however, nowadays both versions are almost equally unfinished / buggy, with stable being only marginally better, and thus sticking to it is not as convenient as it was back when OB was introduced years ago.

• Like 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.