Weapon select doesnt let you switch directly between gun and MRM

RED

If you go direct between the two, nothing happens. You always have to go via SRM. This only makes sense for setups with an actual 3 way switch that registers the center button but not if you e.g. use 3 separate buttons.

Hello,

I was confused about this as well, but this is because it is a 3 position switch. However, I agree with you that this should be possible and I do not understand why RAZBAM did not implement being able to switch directly to guns, because in real life, I assume you could just power through the SRM missile position to go straight to guns without issues. I could be wrong though.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Real life would cycle through SRM first. 

right, but couldn't you just cycle straight through it? Like slide that 3-pos switch from pos 1 to 3? In the module, you're forced to go 1-2-3.

2 minutes ago, Onslott said:

right, but couldn't you just cycle straight through it? Like slide that 3-pos switch from pos 1 to 3? In the module, you're forced to go 1-2-3.

Yes. It would be fluid. Currently there are options for having a pos switch, and a cycle rotary for those that do not. Would be more of a wish list item IMO, not a bug, for the devs to add independent key binds for each mode. 

Warthog throttle doesn't register center position. I'm not sure if that's what you guys have in mind, but there are options like "X selected, ELSE Y". For the SE, for example, there is an option to bind "GUN, else SRM" and "MRM, else SRM". So if you have your switch set to GUN, deselecting it switches to SRM, even though the center does not register. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Rainmaker:

Yes. It would be fluid. Currently there are options for having a pos switch, and a cycle rotary for those that do not. Would be more of a wish list item IMO, not a bug, for the devs to add independent key binds for each mode. 

it seems to be some sort of a bug... there are explicit buttons for each position... but the button is just not reacting if you command a jump from backward (gun?) to the front (amraam?) position, you have to press center and then forward to change it, and vice versa

Edited by cha5er

4 hours ago, cha5er said:

it seems to be some sort of a bug... there are explicit buttons for each position... but the button is just not reacting if you command a jump from backward (gun?) to the front (amraam?) position, you have to press center and then forward to change it, and vice versa

Are you saying that if you want to move from gun to MRM, and you have discrete key binds assigned to each one, you need to first enter SRM in order for the MRM key to work?  If so, then yeah, I would report that.  Might not be a bug per say, but it does mess with the intent of having discrete key binds. 

7 hours ago, =OPS=Slider said:

Warthog throttle doesn't register center position. I'm not sure if that's what you guys have in mind, but there are options like "X selected, ELSE Y". For the SE, for example, there is an option to bind "GUN, else SRM" and "MRM, else SRM". So if you have your switch set to GUN, deselecting it switches to SRM, even though the center does not register. 

I wanted to put the weapon select on the WH China Hat (since I wanted to use WH Boat Switch for F-15 Boat Switch). But the WH China Hat doesn't stay where you put it 🙂

I guess I might use WH China Hat for F-15 Boat Switch so I can use the WH Boat Switch for F-15 weapon select - unless there's a reason that wouldn't work?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

2 minutes ago, AhSoul said:

I wanted to put the weapon select on the WH China Hat (since I wanted to use WH Boat Switch for F-15 Boat Switch). But the WH China Hat doesn't stay where you put it 🙂

I guess I might use WH China Hat for F-15 Boat Switch so I can use the WH Boat Switch for F-15 weapon select - unless there's a reason that wouldn't work?

Well, that's exactly what I did, specifically because the boat switch stays in place. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, =OPS=Slider said:

Well, that's exactly what I did, specifically because the boat switch stays in place. 

For the WH, I would suggest flipping the usage of the boat and reject switches. They are essentially opposites from their RL counterparts. The boat switch on the WH will work perfectly with the current key binds. 

• Thanks 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Rainmaker:

Are you saying that if you want to move from gun to MRM, and you have discrete key binds assigned to each one, you need to first enter SRM in order for the MRM key to work?  If so, then yeah, I would report that.  Might not be a bug per say, but it does mess with the intent of having discrete key binds. 

yes, thats exactly the behavior, u need always to press center to move from one end to the other, otherwise the button does not react

always had to press srm - mrm and srm - gun

Edited by cha5er

I can confirm this. I am using a Virpil Alpha, and have assigned the three switch positions

• Weapons/Mode switch FWD (MRM) 
  • Weapons/Mode switch CNT (SRM) 
  • and Weapons/Mode switch AFT (GUN) 

to three different distinct physical buttons, meaning that the game receives a button signal (tested and verified) when I press each of these buttons. 

When weapons mode is FWD (Medium range missiles) it can't directly go GUNS by pressing AFT. I MUST press cnt first, and then follow that up by aft. 

Likewise, if you are in Guns, you can't go to AMRAAMs directly, you must press CNT first and then follow that up with FWD. 

This may make sense if you have a joystick dial that needs to be dialed through the intermediate position first. For anyone else, this is just terrible interface design. A good sim is not restricted to the physical limitations of the thing it simulates. In real-world, the pilot thinks 'I need MRM' and turns the dial forward without thinking about the intermittent SRM stage. When simming, pilots now need to remember that there is a stage between Guns and MRM, and press that button first before they can gain access to MRM. That's just bad design - which leads be to believe that it was merely an oversight. I hope that RB correct this soon. If you need your MRM now, getting to them should not depend on you remembering what stage you were in previously. You should be able to press MRM and be ready to fight the bogey, and trust your machine to be smart enough to understand what you want. And when I press MRM, I want my AMRAAMs, not an unresponsive system that stupidly waits for me to cycle though non-existent sidewinders first while I fight to survive.

• Like 1

Guy, with warthog bind off btn like picture. 

And cycle will be perfect : center on SRM, FWD on MRM and gun  on aft.

Off buttons 9 and 10 need to be choose manually.

Here i use warthog boat switch (first grey button upside china red switch on right throttle).

image.png

Edited by bal2o
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bal2o said:

Guy, with warthog bind off btn like picture. 

And cycle will be perfect : center on SRM, FWD on MRM and gun  on aft.

Of buttons 9 and 10 need to be choose manually.

Here i use warthog boat switch (first grey button upside china red switch on right throttle).

image.png

Thank you so much! 

I couldn't understand why I was not able to enter the SRM mode until I looked down at the in-game throttle, unlike A10C, the boat switch in F15 is spring loaded back to center, and the china hat switch can be maintained at one of the three positions.