MP - can't take control of sensors and TPOD not sync'd

AhSoul
Go to solution Solved by AhSoul,

Trying MP multicrew and can't take control of the radar in the front seat. Castle hat left long makes the bars to show control flicker on and off again. It doesn't give me control. The same thing in SP works fine.

If I have the TPOD up and the WSO moves it around, the video feed doesn't move at all for me.

Edited by AhSoul

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

• AhSoul changed the title to MP - can't take control of sensors and TPOD not sync'd
2 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Castle left long should not change displays. Make sure your key bindings allow for a long press and not set to only press and release which is what does change the display 

Sorry just mean something about the radar changes. It's not changing screen or anything. I'll edit it

In MP if I join the jet on my own, I can control everything fine. As soon as my friend joins as WSO, it breaks.

Edited by AhSoul

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

Just now, AhSoul said:

Sorry just mean something about the radar changes. It's not changing screen or anything.

Would have to be more descriptive or need a trk to see what could be happening. Castle left shouldn't be doing anything to the radar itself.   Are you tryin on to take command from the rear seat having radar control prior to you?

I join jet as pilot. AA radar is displayed. I can castle left long and take the radar. I can then move the TDC around.

WSO joins. I can no longer take control of radar. The vertical bars at the bottom flash on then disappear. I cannot move the TDC.

So it all works as expected in SP and in MP with just me as pilot. As soon as human WSO joins, it stops working.

Edited by AhSoul

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

3 hours ago, AhSoul said:

I join jet as pilot. AA radar is displayed. I can castle left long and take the radar. I can then move the TDC around.

WSO joins. I can no longer take control of radar. The vertical bars at the bottom flash on then disappear. I cannot move the TDC.

So it all works as expected in SP and in MP with just me as pilot. As soon as human WSO joins, it stops working.

Just to make sure: How did the WSO try to take control of the radar?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've also had the same problem, but only in cold started slots. When we tried airstart or hot start on ground, it was all fine - wso could take control. But after cold start, I didnt even see the radar working at all - pilot even had lock later on the flight. This is how I saw the radar null

image.png

7 hours ago, AhSoul said:

I don't believe he tried to take control of anything or the radar was even displayed back there.

My bad, I missread your previous comment. I thought the WSO was trying to take control, but that's not what you said there 👍

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

37 minutes ago, Ignition said:

It works now with aircraft HOT

Also check for the WSO is the coolie switch, NOT the castle switch!

The WSO isn't doing anything. As soon as the WSO joins the crew, I (as pilot) can't take control of any of the sensors. The bars appear and immediately disappear.

Edited by AhSoul

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread