Strike Eagle CTD's on every mission?

minimi66
Go to solution Solved by minimi66,

Just installed the Strike Eagle and it CTD's on every mission i've tried so far?  Round about 50% through mission loading screen every time (Spawn Objects stage)  Same error message "DCS Crashed, allow DXDiag to collect info" etc.

Or no error at all, just CTD.

Latest Display Driver installed this morning, still crashes.

All other modules working fine, updated DCS OB last night prior to Strike Eagle d/l and install.

Have uninstalled Strike Eagle and re-installed 3 times so far, still no luck. Same problem.

Tried on MT and ST and on different maps, missions.

Same result.

Any ideas folks?

Not tried VR yet.

Windows 11

i9-13900K not o/c'd. water cooled

64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3600 RAM

Asus TUF Gaming B660 WiFI D4 Motherboard

Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 12GB not o/c'd

Log files attached below.

DxDiag.txt dcs.log dcs.log-20230623-050256.zip

Edited by minimi66

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Also done Clean Up and Repair and still crashes to desktop EVERY single time!!  WTF??

Remind me how long we waited for this.....

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

I'm no expert on the diag files but I read something about windows defender. 

Have you tried to disable the Defender temporarily? Or make the DCS folder an exception to the realtime protection?

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

16 minutes ago, Hiob said:

I'm no expert on the diag files but I read something about windows defender. 

Have you tried to disable the Defender temporarily? Or make the DCS folder an exception to the realtime protection?

Hi,

I don't use Windows Defender, i use Zone Alarm Extreme Security.  Tried disabling that, still crashes.

Also just purchased Steam version of the module and exactly the same problem, CTD's at the Spawn Objects stage of any/every mission i try on the module.  All other modules working. 

This is the first module i have ever owned in DCS World that has not worked from installation?  I have 95% of the modules and all terrains.

Also tried running offline as well but same problem.

Deleted fxo and metashaders2 for both ED and Steam versions, same result.  Crashes every time.

So, for the outlay of around £110 i have..... nothing really!

dcs.log

Is it possible to get refunds from ED?

Well, your impatience isn't really EDs fault. Buying it two times was just head over heels.

It works for most people, so there must be some conflict with the Strike Eagle that is specific to your hardware or software. Your frustration is understandable, but that is the nature of software (beta in particular). Let's try to figure out what the problem is and keep cool. 

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 6/23/2023 at 5:21 AM, minimi66 said:

Also done Clean Up and Repair and still crashes to desktop EVERY single time!!  WTF??

Remind me how long we waited for this.....

Are you new to beta releases? 

• Like 1

I also have constant crashes, sometimes after 3-5min, sometimes only after 20.... A repair had had no success.

dcs.log.old

Main machine: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64Gb 3600Mhz, ASrock RX 7900 XTX

Second machine: Ryzen 5 5600X, 32Gb 3600Mhz, MSI 2070 Super

Equipment: microHELIS Bell 206 Pedale + Toe-Brakes, microHELIS OH-58D Collective, microHELIS OH-58D Cyclic, Realteus Forcefeel, TrackIR 5

I've been away all weekend guys, will start seriously trying to figure this out from tomorrow evening after work.

Please let me know if any of you find a possible fix?

Thanks v much.

• Solution

To the guys above who might still be suffering from this bug, i fixed it thanks to a couple of posts on another thread about the same issue.

Not saying this will definitely fix it for you but try this:

Boot into your PC BIOS and do a search for AVX or AVX2 and when/if you find it (depending on age and model of your motherboard) enable it or set to Auto if that option exists.  Mine had AVX2 and had options to Enable/Auto/Disable.  I set mine to Enabled.

Re-boot and you should be golden if your mobo supports AVX/AVX2?

I also noticed that my BIOS was one version out of date, so updated it of course!  Have had ZERO issues with the Strike Eagle on multiple missions/terrains etc. since.

Runs really well.  Hope this solves it for you guys too, best of luck.

Here's link to the other thread where i found this info:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, minimi66 said:

Boot into your PC BIOS and do a search for AVX or AVX2 and when/if you find it (depending on age and model of your motherboard) enable it or set to Auto if that option exists.  Mine had AVX2 and had options to Enable/Auto/Disable.  I set mine to Enabled.

Re-boot and you should be golden if your mobo supports AVX/AVX2?

Good tip, fortunately my motherboard has it enabled by default.

20 minutes ago, minimi66 said:

I also noticed that my BIOS was one version out of date, so updated it of course!  

Honestly, I never ever update BIOS without a good reason to do so, as it is an operation that has its risks, like happened to me once: when there was a power outage just as I was updating the bios on a Supermicro motherboard .. the PC never started again and I had to write to supermicro and wait for them to send me a new eprom with the Bios on it.  Current motherboards take a lot of precautions nowadays, and there are even some that can download a new bios without actually booting the Pc first. Even so, I don't risk it without good reason.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

39 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Good tip, fortunately my motherboard has it enabled by default.

Honestly, I never ever update BIOS without a good reason to do so, as it is an operation that has its risks, like happened to me once: when there was a power outage just as I was updating the bios on a Supermicro motherboard .. the PC never started again and I had to write to supermicro and wait for them to send me a new eprom with the Bios on it.  Current motherboards take a lot of precautions nowadays, and there are even some that can download a new bios without actually booting the Pc first. Even so, I don't risk it without good reason.

Fair point, it has always made me nervous too, but so far so good i've never had an experience like yours in 31 years of owning a PC.  Like you i never do it without a damn good reason, thankfully the DCS Strike Eagle is a damn good reason!

• Like 1