TDC switch press

max22
Go to solution Solved by AhSoul,

Hello,

A couple of hours into the F-15E experience I notice that the TDC switch press is not immediate enough.
It doesn't respond quick enough to a button press (locking targets).

I think it should be faster.

If you mean the AA radar. doesn't pressing TDC invoke a whole process of the radar antenna moving to concentrate on that area of the sky, interrogating etc.

It's therefore not instant.

Pressing TDC on sensors like the TPOD feels instant, so I think delays on the radar would be realistic?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

• Solution

When pressed short (<1s) in A/A search, the radar antenna is slaved to the acquisition symbol and enters a miniraster scan.

When pressed long (>1s) in A/A search, the radar enters search sort at the acquisition symbol position, which is followed by lockon in any radar search mode.

When pressed (<1s) in TWS mode while sampling a designated target, that target becomes the Priority Designated Target (PDT).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

15 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Changes/bugs are not based on ‘I think’. 

Also, designations are not done on ‘pressing’ the TDC as noted above. That only commands raster. 

Useless comment, I think ...

1 hour ago, max22 said:

Useless comment, I think ...

Not useless, he's right.

If everyone starts just posting stuff they "feel" could be different, the real bug reports will get lost in an ocean of noise. It's in the best interest of everyone to prevent that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fisadev said:

If everyone starts just posting stuff they "feel" could be different, the real bug reports will get lost in an ocean of noise.

Perhaps. Then again, a pure bug report is usually based entirely on personal perception, hence there is an implicit 'I have the feeling that this is wrong' attached to every bug report: Later, the report is either confirmed (in which case the reported observation/perception becomes a bug) or it's rejected (in which case it's a feature, not a bug). Therefore, all bug reports are based on the feeling that something is off, they are expressions of opinions, not fact. When something is reported as a bug, the reporting entity does not yet know for fact that what they are reporting is a bug, they merely report that they feel that it feels buggy.

So anyone who posts something and states that "this is a bug" instead of merely saying "I feel that this is a bug" is merely asserting something without knowing about it being factual. 

So let's all relent a bit - we are all on the same side here: we want the Mudhen to soar, and RB to be exceptionally successful. And we all want to have fun driving the hen. 

37 minutes ago, cfrag said:

Therefore, all bug reports are based on the feeling that something is off...

Usually one asks if it is realistic or correct, not writing about feelings and then smartassing after being corrected. It's about attitude.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

9 minutes ago, draconus said:

Usually one asks if it is realistic or correct, not writing about feelings and then smartassing after being corrected. It's about attitude.

It would seem that you and I are reading very different bug reports. And yes, I also seem to detect a lot of attitude, so I guess you are spot on there 🙂