Apache progress

CowanSim

3 minutes ago, Grennymaster said:

there whas updates mate, just read the patchnotes.

FM, Datalink / FCR progress ?

18/05/23 was the last real addition to Apache with the Limas.

FM changes seem negligible at best. Maybe others noticed changes

Just now, Grennymaster said:

FCR and DL will take a while.

its getting tweaks and fixes nearly every patch. patience my friend .)

Every other patch maybe. was a while there we go zero news lol.

Aw well. There's no competition so we gotta just hurry up and wait

FCR & Datalink will take a while.

Personally, and I mean personally, I love the FM. Taking off into a hover is lovely and dynamic. Hovering is beautiful, a rolling take off is predictable.

Rolling the airframe into a turning curve is very nice, pedal work holds the descent/climb very accurately, collective tightens the corner just lovely, with a bit of pedal compensation....  obvie 🙂 !

The auto hover SCAS gets the job done.. it has a tendency to wonder a bit when activated. As long as you can predict the velocity of wonder that the BoB up scale displays and keep an eye on where it wonders then it is generally very very reliable and almost always returns to your point of auto hover activation. Pedal work in auto hover is much nicer now.

I tend to like a firing position where both flanks are covered, I like a small confined firing position. 

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 2

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I'm a little confused about the term "auto hover SCAS"
Do you mean "attitude hold"?
-Or is there a dedicated auto hover I've missed out on?

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

2 minutes ago, kotor633 said:

A finished manual would finally be desirable. And pilots in the cockpit. Were 2 more things that would occur to me ad hoc. It would be nice if there was a roadmap/overview like the F-16/F-18/Apache. What Belsimtek/ED has already implemented with the Hind and what else is possibly planned. But we are here in the Apache forum, so I don't want to go off topic.

Just gotta mention Apache and we are good lol. The mods may smite thee comment.

so a Manual and in cockpit pilots to make it feature complete?

• ED Team
19 hours ago, CowanSim said:

Having received no updates or progress reports in the latest patches would be nice to hear or see of any upcoming changes to FM, Datalink / FCR progress etc.

Feel like its been missing out on the love

Work is in progress and the team are working hard. 

June has been a busy month for the team, and we were also all away for a week of it for a team gathering, so you will need to be patient, as soon as we have more news to share we will share it. 

thanks 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

50 minutes ago, Bedouin said:

You seem very impatient and not grateful of the hard work the team does, if you are not satisfied or feel the products are not up to your needs, why don't you not just don't buy them or play with the modules there are up to your "Standards"... 

Doesn't see any constructive arguments or relevant input in your posts, sorry maybe i am just an old geezer with much more patience 😉

No No, I am perfectly happy to wait. What I am asking for more is updates or goal release dates for upcoming updates. Clarity is something really missing in all of our EA modules. It's very easy to say " Just don't buy them" But how then do we support the teams.... as a customer we have the right to ask for updates on products we pay for....especially Early Access. Which is quite a flawed ideal.

Old Geezer lol. Hopefully still around to see the module complete! 😆

• Like 1

• ED Team
3 hours ago, CowanSim said:

No No, I am perfectly happy to wait. What I am asking for more is updates or goal release dates for upcoming updates. Clarity is something really missing in all of our EA modules. It's very easy to say " Just don't buy them" But how then do we support the teams.... as a customer we have the right to ask for updates on products we pay for....especially Early Access. Which is quite a flawed ideal.

Old Geezer lol. Hopefully still around to see the module complete! 😆

You will need to be patient, early access can take a long time and without it we would not be able to bring these modules to you. 

If early access isnt your thing then I would suggest waiting until full release for future purchases. You will still be supporting us whenever you decide to buy and we are grateful for it. 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

You will need to be patient, early access can take a long time and without it we would not be able to bring these modules to you. 

If early access isnt your thing then I would suggest waiting until full release for future purchases. You will still be supporting us whenever you decide to buy and we are grateful for it. 

thanks

Would be great with some updated manuals as well. actually I suggested this under DCS Core wish lists. At least so people can study a bit and be prepared when it does arrive. 

That said, Apache is an amazing platform and the Limas are amazing following the patch before last. Thank you 

• Like 2

• ED Team
42 minutes ago, krazyj said:

Would be great with some updated manuals as well. actually I suggested this under DCS Core wish lists. At least so people can study a bit and be prepared when it does arrive. 

That said, Apache is an amazing platform and the Limas are amazing following the patch before last. Thank you 

Thanks for the kind words, and dont worry the manual is being updated, again it does take time but hopefully we can include more manual updates soon. 

• Like 1

Some updates, like the Lima's, are so significant that they make s me want to re visit old missions, and giving a new value in several ways.
It suits me fine that these are coming one at the time. When the FCR is ready, I get more to be "thrilled" about, and the AH-64 will be more favouriteable.
(Yes I'm making up words here..)
But the long loading times we have atm does nothing but bad things for me, and I'd like to see a fix for that, even a standalone fix.. Please.   🙂

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar