Mouse lag in menus and ME

LotusDragon

Since the latest open beta I have very much lag with the mouse in menus and mission editor. It is not constantly lagging, more like few seconds laggy and than normal for some seconds. The game itself runs without lag.

I use MT in single player with F15E installed.

My mouse is an Alienware 610M wireless, which runs without problems in other games and also before the last update everything worked fine.

Edited by LotusDragon
Add info
  • Like 2

Do you use iCue, Razer Synapse or any other bloatware that came with your mouse/keyboard/RGB LEDs device?

If so, disable them and see if it helps.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

10 hours ago, Flappie said:

Do you use iCue, Razer Synapse or any other bloatware that came with your mouse/keyboard/RGB LEDs device?

If so, disable them and see if it helps.

No, I don't use those programs.

I tried it again with a different mouse, this time a Logitech G502 wireless. There I adjusted the data rate to the lowest setting, because I had problems with higher rates in DCS some years ago. But the lag is still there, although it is not as strong as with the Alienware mouse.

I have still the same issue. Mouse is a G502. And in MT too.
Few weeks ago before this update i had to rebind all my modules due to new HOTAS. While binding the menu become more a more laggy when you select things to keybind.
As the OP describes it happened when you clicked to change those controls at first. Then it degraded to when you moved the mouse.
I watched the FPS count and it dropped to around 20FPS

And it happened to me too in the editor when i had to go throught some custom radio config on a mission with lots of airframes.

I just took a screenshot from the editor with MT and ST, in that multiplayer server mission.
In ST is less but the FPS drops when you select things in there. In MT goes down to 20FPS on average.
To test it i just click and select some units on the ground one after other, and then the FPS drops

So there seems to be some issue there

(BTW i have my PC locked to render 60FPS max)

image.png

Edited by Renko

Hi @Renko. It's probably not your mouse. Some users helped us determine current OB and Intel HyperThreading are somewhat "fighting". If you're using an Intel CPU and want to get rid of this issue, either run DCS ST, or disable HyperThreading in your PC BIOS.

For more information, follow this thread:

If however you're using an AMD GPU, this is another problem.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

Hi @Renko. It's probably not your mouse. Some users helped us determine current OB and Intel HyperThreading are somewhat "fighting". If you're using an Intel CPU and want to get rid of this issue, either run DCS ST, or disable HyperThreading in your PC BIOS.

For more information, follow this thread:

If however you're using an AMD GPU, this is another problem.

Yep, i'm using an AMD 5800X 😅

I think menus are ok. Only time i noticed those huge FPS drops were during those events. The keybinding and in the editor, like a month ago.
Will test later to see if it happens in menus too

Edit: First quick test. Seems that the menus are ok. Keybinding one too now, though the last time i spent much more time there binding all my modules.
Editor maybe is related to selection of aircrafts that are clients. It was a public server mission

Edited by Renko