Does anyone thought the F15E was too bright?

Kiseki_Yu

25 minutes ago, claysanger said:

Oddly enough, the multi color HUD ladder appears to have survived all the way through LOCK ON and FLAMING CLIFFS to present day DCS — the FC3 F-15C will let you change the color of the pitch ladder. Or at least it would last time I flew it. Been a while. 

Never knew that. Thanks

18 minutes ago, pii said:

Never knew that. Thanks

Yeah IIRC the control binding is named HUD COLOR in the jets it’s available for. 

Clay "Shakespeare" Sanger
Habitual Module Collector | Multirole Fixed Wing Jockey & Rotorhead | Old Gamer Geek | Mission Designer | Server Host

1 hour ago, claysanger said:

Yeah IIRC the control binding is named HUD COLOR in the jets it’s available for. 

Thanks, I'll check it out since I always liked that little option. 

18 hours ago, claysanger said:

Wonder if those of us who played Janes F-15 are rare in the DCS Community?

Nope 😉
Plenty who played the Strike Eagle series by MicroProse years prior as well 😉 

• Like 4
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Asus ProArt RTX 4080 Super | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | VR: Varjo Aero
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2 grip on VPForce Rhino with Z-curve extension | Virpil CM3 throttle | Virpil CP2 + 3 | FSSB R3L | VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip | Everything mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS graphics settings

22 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Nope 😉

image.gif

Clay "Shakespeare" Sanger
Habitual Module Collector | Multirole Fixed Wing Jockey & Rotorhead | Old Gamer Geek | Mission Designer | Server Host

21 hours ago, claysanger said:

It did! 🙂 Wonder if those of us who played Janes F-15 are rare in the DCS Community? There’s a certain age element there for most of us former Janes F-15 fans. 😂

Here 🖐 Loved the intro to Janes sims, with the book that opens and if i recall a tank, heli and plane came out.

• Like 1

3分钟前,dporter22说:

Does anyone know where the files are to change the HUD color in the F-15E?  Even with brightness turned all the way up It's impossible to see anything when flying on a sunny day or near clouds.

Yes, compared to other cockpits, it's too bright. Not only HUD but also the environment in front of the airplane.

I do not want to use the helmet visor every time. 

• 4 weeks later...

It would be nice to have an option where the sun visor didn't also darken the cockpit. The cockpit is too dark already and the visor makes it worse, but I have to use the visor in order to see the HUD. So for me it's either see the HUD or see the cockpit.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 7/8/2023 at 12:23 PM, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Nope 😉

I had it on my C64 and the funny part was to land all you had to do was nose dive at a triangle on the ground.