Warbirds: Takeoff Assistance set to 100% again.

I had set all takeoff assistance to 0%. As I just found out by checking something else, all warbirds (except TF-51) had their Takeoff Assistance set to 100% again. I don't know which update did this, but it's a real pain in the butt that we have to go through these settings again to void unwanted changes from updates.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yeah, unfortunately that is common when updates happen. I just noticed it again myself yesterday. Had to set them all back to zero. Just have to check it from time to time. One time didn’t pick up on it until I saw my rudder pedals moving when I was taking off. Might get fixed one day.

@razo+r is correct. When you're not authorized logging on, settings are defaulted except for the Su-25T and the TF-51 because they are free. You can see when this happens when the DCS theme is also reverted to the default theme. I have no clue why Eagle Dynamics designed it this way. I guess it happens when a module gets re-authorized, the default settings are re-written. Soooo, if you get the authorization failure, immediately copy the DCS settings folders under Saved Games. Even better, make backup frequently or after you make changes in DCS.
As @Iron Sights points out, this often happens after updates, but I don't think it's the actual update that breaks the settings, but the server overload that breaks the authorization process.

Again, backup your settings often.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback! I think it's a lousy design. Even when I play offline, ED should respect the current settings that I have made in "options-lua".
I have found a way to manage these settings in a database from which I can re-create the correct options.lua. This also allows me to simply switch to different monitor setup (export) settings .
I have now added the "takeoff assist = 0" for all warbirds to this tool.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yes, it's a lousy design, and when I come to think of it. All the users that from time to time are frustrated because all their bindings have disappeared, it's probability due to a faulty authorization for whatever reason.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk