Option to have AI WSO on Manual-Startup

MarkP

Would be cool if there would be a option to enable automatic WSO startup.

Somewhat imersion breaking to jump in the WSO seat after the startup and flip the needed switches, mostly for laser and Chaff Flare

• Like 5

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

5 hours ago, MarkP said:

Would be cool if there would be a option to enable automatic WSO startup.

Somewhat imersion breaking to jump in the WSO seat after the startup and flip the needed switches, mostly for laser and Chaff Flare

There are button bindings for turning on the TGP and EW stuff from the pilot's seat, FWIW.  Not perfect, but at least no jumping into the backseat is required

Edited by jaylw314
  • Like 1

Thanks, yeah, i know. But im in VR, always a hassle to put the headset off, use keyboard (cant find them with VR on) and align the headset again. Maybe its can combined in the "diasable multicrew" or something

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

Thanks, yeah, i know. But im in VR, always a hassle to put the headset off, use keyboard (cant find them with VR on) and align the headset again. Maybe its can combined in the "diasable multicrew" or something
Get VoiceAttack and pretend you have a WSO.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 5:30 PM, MarkP said:

And that is what is keeping me from VR. Hopefully Raz will get an AI WSO in this thing at some later point. It could really benefit from one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have plan for this, even though I'm not VR'ing, but I need to know which switches in WSO seat need to be in what position during Startup. I've watched various Startup videos but they all seem to vary, or ignore that crew position to get up fast.

Ex: TGT Pod - WSO - STBY

Let me know and I'll hopefully resolve this for both VR and non-VR.

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy
clarity

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

I have a workaround that does the trick for me. I'm NON-VR but too old & lazy to jump in the back seat. Right now I have the following in my WSO Startup sequence that initialize thru a VA command 'Backseat Startup after I both engine starts, it all happens in about 5 seconds :

TGT Pod - WSO - STBY, All 4 displays - WSO - ON, RWR - WSO - ON, EWWS - WSO - ON, COUNTERMEASURE MODE - WSO- Semi-Auto

I'm really not familiar yet with what other basic systems need to be turned ON from WSO seat but would continue this process if some folks can let me know what other systems need to be turned on and in what position from WSO. (On - Off - Standby - ???). 

Once I sort out the non-standardized crypto language of the LUAs, I can do this for the non-VA pilots with a switch in the front seat.

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy
  • Like 2

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC