English Cockpit

How do you switch on the English cockpit for BS3? It works fine for 1&2 for me. I just setup the cockpit language as English ion the setting. But in BS3 it still shows everything in Russian..

Core i7-930 (2.8 OC to 3.85), ASUS Rampage II Extreme, XFX Radeon 5870, 6 Gigs MUSHKIN DDR3-1600 6-8-6-24, 128 GB Crucial C300 SSD, 500 GB Western 5400rpm Digital Green Drive,ASUS SATA 3 6gbps card.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 11:46 AM, MAXsenna said:

Have you set the avionics to English in the general settings? Not in the special settings for the Ka-50. 

Confirm. When English Avionics is selected in the general option, the ABRIS displays English.

The issue underlying the OP's complaint is that this last update again changed many of the option settings I had adjusted to my liking over time.
Example: most of the warbirds had Takeoff Assitance set to 100%.
I suspect ED has added some options to "options.lua", and instead of just inserting the new options into the user's file, they just overwrite the whole file with their defaults.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Confirm. When English Avionics is selected in the general option, the ABRIS displays English.
The issue underlying the OP's complaint is that this last update again changed many of the option settings I had adjusted to my liking over time.
Example: most of the warbirds had Takeoff Assitance set to 100%.
I suspect ED has added some options to "options.lua", and instead of just inserting the new options into the user's file, they just overwrite the whole file with their defaults.
That's interesting. And you didn't have any issues with authorization this time? Which was mentioned in the changelog. Wonder by that they pushed some settings that reverted your changes.
I only got to update and not start, so I can't check myself, yet.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

That's interesting. And you didn't have any issues with authorization this time? Which was mentioned in the changelog. Wonder by that they pushed some settings that reverted your changes.
I only got to update and not start, so I can't check myself, yet.

No authorization issues. My recent authorization issues were caused by my ISP's routing. It took so long to reach the DCS server that the connection timed out and I hd to play offline, which you can only do for a few days. I worked around this problem by using VPN. The ISP eventually changed their routing and the problem disappeared completely.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 4 weeks later...

Lucid, I'm far from an expert in DCS or the Black Shark (of any number...).  But you're talking about two different variables, the avionics and the cockpit labels.  If you want English for both, you have to change the settings for both.  

Change the avionics in the Options settings area, on the Gameplay tab, Avionics Language to English. 

Then for the labels, on the Special tab, first select the Ka-50 III from the column on the left, then change Customized Cockpit to English.

Hit OK at the bottom right and you're set. 

I don't remember now what the process was in the older versions of the Ka-50, but it's definitely this way in the III.   

Note that this will only work from the splash screen and not from inside the cockpit of the Ka-50 III.

Lucid, I'm far from an expert in DCS or the Black Shark (of any number...).  But you're talking about two different variables, the avionics and the cockpit labels.  If you want English for both, you have to change the settings for both.  
Change the avionics in the Options settings area, on the Gameplay tab, Avionics Language to English. 
Then for the labels, on the Special tab, first select the Ka-50 III from the column on the left, then change Customized Cockpit to English.
Hit OK at the bottom right and you're set. 
I don't remember now what the process was in the older versions of the Ka-50, but it's definitely this way in the III.   
Note that this will only work from the splash screen and not from inside the cockpit of the Ka-50 III.

Yes, this was answered back in July!