Micro stuttering only present on L model?

Lloyd80

Hi all,

Running a target practice mission in the Caucasus with both the M and the L variants the M has no issues, nor does any other helo or aircraft in the same mission, but the L induces some stuttering randomly throughout the mission. 

I don't experience it with any other module. 

I have attached a screenshot with fps.

I have also tried numerous fixes for the stuttering issue from power management to playing with all my settings in DCS and Nvidia control panel. This only happens with this variant?? With my current settings every module and map is running very smooth.

image.jpeg

Anyone else have this? Or have any ideas??

Edited by Lloyd80

• 1 month later...

+1 on that one.

M runs smooth as silk but L is a stuttering mess.

Only in internal view, hit F2 and the problems gone??

• Thanks 1

MoBo Asus TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) / CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / GPU Asus TUF RTX3080 / RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 @ 3600MHz / V-NAND SSD 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 / PSU Corsair RM750 / CPU Cooler Corsair H100i Platinum / OS Win 10 :pilotfly: 

Running on 2.8.8.43489 Open Beta and I can confirm there are performance issues with the L compared to the M (and other helicopters such as the AH-64D). This is especially prevalent at night in the city environments. I set up a night mission in Cyprus and took the same scenic flight with the M and L version. M is buttery smooth, but the L version struggles with the lights and in some case the framerate drops from close to 100 down to single digits where it becomes impossible to fly. 

I don't get the stutters, but something in the L version definitely eating frames. I have also experienced strange 'demons' in the flight model where the airframe feels like it wants to tilt over to the right (low speeds, not retreating blade stall). In one case I landed it softly and wanted to take off again and it simply tilted on the right skid and the main rotor touched the ground - this never happened before.

I have attached the basic mission - 3 slots are available, L, M & AH-64D for comparison, local time 23:00.

F_SYR_Heli_Training1.miz

Edited by Warmbrak
syntax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My suspicion is that because the periscope view is always "on" and rendering objects it is zoomed in on it seems to cause the stutters, especially in particularly in heavy missions when maneuvering and bringing various objects into its FOV. 

Model loading and dots seem to be affected in the gazelle. I often need to be zoomed in 50% or more otherwise I will struggle to find other aircraft. I don't know if this is linked.

Edited by PinkCube
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, PinkCube said:

My suspicion is that because the periscope view is always "on" and rendering objects it is zoomed in on it seems to cause the stutters, especially in particularly in heavy missions when maneuvering and bringing various objects into its FOV. 

Model loading and dots seem to be affected in the gazelle. I often need to be zoomed in 50% or more otherwise I will struggle to find other aircraft. I don't know if this is linked.

Could be. But I didn't have this issue a couple of updates back. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

+1 here as well.

Recently got back in to flying the Gazelle and the fps problems have been doing my head in.  😪

I've just discovered before finding this thread that it only happens with the “L” version.

The periscope always on, sound like a plausible explanation. Has there been any feedback on this or has anybody managed a work around?

EDIT: 

Ok, I've double checked and it is definitely is caused by the periscope always rending the view ahead!

A temporary solution is to hop in to the left seat before take off and aim the periscope above the horizon so that it sees no terrain during normal flight. At least in that way your not getting a fps hit until you actually use the sight.

I know its not a solution but it eases some of the frustration when flying the L version for me at least.

Edited by swartbyron
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, swartbyron said:

Recently got back in to flying the Gazelle and the fps problems have been doing my head in.
The periscope always on, sound like a plausible explanation.
Has there been any feedback on this ...

Yes, the Discord preliminary change log for the NEXT Gazelle update lists a fix (subject to change, etc.).

• Fixed Athos / GOA now only updates if it's not stowed (fps gain when not using the periscope)

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080